Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Placing an Ad on Boards? How much?

Options
  • 26-12-2005 1:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have an email contact to place an Ad on the Boards and roughly how much it it?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Front page of the site, very bottom right corner:

adverts@nospamdiediedie.boards.ie (remove the nospamdiediedie)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭PullMyFinger!

Thanks Steve

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Actually I think it may have changed now... you may want to contact Star-Adserver (think that's what it's called) as they handle all boards adverts nowadats...

Or something

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭Steveire

This should interest you

From the Helpdesk
    Sorted this out with Regi.

Just for reference: http://www.salesonline.ie is the company who advertise on Boards.ie.

Was told it costs over 500 to get a thousand impressions (ie views). Not my budget so I didnt go with it :P

:eek:

Its out of my budget too. I thought Boards would be within the reach of most of us to advertise here but the rates seem to lean more towards Entertainment.ie pricing.

:mad:

Bills have to paid tho I suppose so mustn't grumble too much eh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

500euro CPM? Nonsense, couldn't be.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

well onsite it says boards is €15CPM (varies depending on creative type and targeting)

bush-confused.jpg

Could someone please clear this up and clairify? Prefereably Admin. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

Hey,

I'd recommend giving www.salesonline.ie a shout. They handle all of that stuff for us, and give a quote to you.

Dan

Thanks for the reply Regi but we still have the conflicting quotes of
    Just for reference: http://www.salesonline.ie is the company who advertise on Boards.ie.

Was told it costs over 500 to get a thousand impressions (ie views). Not my budget so I didnt go with it :P

And Ruggiebear
    well onsite it says boards is €15CPM (varies depending on creative type and targeting)

What does CPM mean? Im presuming Click Per Something

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

And Ruggiebear

Thanks.

I took it to mean Cost Per Thousand...but i could be wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 28,865 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Cost Per Month?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

cost per minute more like :D

*bangs head off keyboard*

Can Cloud clear this up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭Dellgirl

I contacted them before christmas to place an ad and all i got was upsell to entertainment.ie and loads of jargon about clicks per whatever. I asked him to explain and all he done was say again what he had juat said - which i didnt understand in the first place. it was impossible to pin him down to a price and dates and more specifically - boards.
    I gave up.
    Really nice guy tho'.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,762 ✭✭✭WizZard

Thanks.
    CPM: (Cost Per Milli or Mille) Refers to the cost for a thousand of something. For example, banner ads on the Web, which are also known as "impressions," are typically sold on a CPM basis.

Ruggie was correct.

Dellgirl wrote:
    I contacted them before christmas to place an ad and all i got was upsell to entertainment.ie and loads of jargon about clicks per whatever. I asked him to explain and all he done was say again what he had juat said - which i didnt understand in the first place. it was impossible to pin him down to a price and dates and more specifically - boards.

So even after ringing the right agency it was impossible to get a straight answer? :rolleyes:

Advertisement