Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dvd recorder problems

Options
  • 26-12-2005 1:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

So ive got a 120gb dvd recorder and its worked fine up till now.
    But when i play some dvds there is no dialogue. You cant hear anybody speaking at ALL!! but the background music plays just fine:confused: . Some other dvds play just fine on it and i have no idea what to do. Any advice aprreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Try changing around the settings in the sound option on the player. I remember something like that happened me once with my dvd player but it was just a matter of changing a few settings.

Failing that, it may have something to do with a surround sound system, if you have one that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

It is most likely that you're playing a 5.1 soundtrack and your DVD player is not downmixing it to stereo. Most dialog is recorded on the center speaker, not on the left or right speakser.

Firstly do you have 2 speakers or a 5.1 surround sound?

When the DVD is playing see if the player allows you to cycle through the audio tracks. If you can switch to a 2 channel soundtrack then do that.

In the options settings somewhere there may be an option to 'downmix 5.1', if this is available and you only have stereo speakers then turn it on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 MuffinMonster

Cheers Mr.Soap and PH . The downmixing worked.:)

Advertisement