Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSP ip Address

Options
  • 26-12-2005 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭

k trying to get my psp connecting to my wireless router (Netopia) and no matter what i try it will not obtain the ip address.
    i've set it to obtain it automatically and put in the correct MAC and WEP keys but it won't work.i tried turning off my routers firewall and it didn't help either

any ideas anyone?
    cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Turn off WEP encryption and MAC addressing, let it connect, note its MAC address, add it to the access list, turn back no MAC addressing, and leave WEP off, waste of time IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Speedway

that did it thanks very much just turned the WEP off,just wanted to leave it on cause i have it set up on a laptop that way too.was just being lazy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

When entering the passkey did you use the actual phrase or the hex key? The pre-share phrase wont work you need to enter theactual hex key i.e. 5a B2 etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

so what do people use the psp wifi for anyway....
    i play NFS : MW once....
    browsing isnt really a magical experience for any old laptop user like...

Advertisement