Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cdwow Disappoint with late delivery.

Options
  • 26-12-2005 2:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭

Hey. so i think this a good thread for me to bitch and moan about this whole subject but anyway i ordered a lot of cds and dvds from cdwow.ie for xmas and ordered them 3 days before the last day for xmas delivery and christmas day has been and gone and i still do not have a few of the items from the order. And i sent them an email where i bitch and moan in the hope of getting sumtin free of them.
    But i was just wondering if im the only one who was screwed or has anybody else still not got their xmas presents?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

well I'm still waiting on a dvd from play, but theres a lot of mail stranded in the uk at the mo...they tried to get it sorted before xmas, but they only got a small fraction to Ireland in time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

I blame the postal service, click on the link in my sig (bottom right)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

And i sent them an email where i bitch and moan in the hope of getting sumtin free of them.

Its unlikely they'll give you anything free.

I ordered two CDs about 3 weeks ago,one arrived a week later with the box partially open, the other never showed up. I guess somebody somewhere got the Magic Numbers Cd for Xmas...:mad:

I mailed them last week, they sent me out a replacement the same day, it got here on Friday.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,632 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Last year i got stung by cdwow when i ordered GTA San Andreas for the PS2. Was waiting over 2 months for it and they had to resend it after they advised it had been sent! Best to order WELL in advance!

Nightwish is right about the postal issue in the UK tho, that probably held it up for the OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭mickymg2003

faceman wrote:
    Last year i got stung by cdwow when i ordered GTA San Andreas for the PS2. Was waiting over 2 months for it and they had to resend it after they advised it had been sent! Best to order WELL in advance!

Nightwish is right about the postal issue in the UK tho, that probably held it up for the OP
    I didn think it went through the uk because they ship from luxembourg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I didn think it went through the uk because they ship from luxembourg

Yes, but a lot of post to Ireland is routed through the UK.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Maybe it got held up with this lot.

http://breakingnews.iol.ie/news/story.asp?j=166990886&p=y6699y59z
    500,000 stranded letters en route from London to Dublin
    23/12/2005 - 13:15:32

More than half a million letters and cards that have been stranded in London for almost a week are on their way to Ireland today.

An Post said last night that the mail had been delayed at a depot in London for several days due to what the Royal Mail had called an operational error.

There were fears that the letters would not be delivered in time for Christmas, but An Post spokesperson Anna McHugh said the company was determined the get the vast majority of items to their destination by tomorrow.

She said the remainder would be delivered as soon as possible after Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Yeah I ordered two DVD's and a Nintendo DS game from cdwow on the 16th, they haven't shown up. Really annoying. I would put it down to all that post that was stuck in the UK though. Normally when I order from CDWow I get the stuff in 3-5 days.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Can't remember the exact date, I'm waiting on delivery of a DS game too, was shipped Saturday last, and I ordered it a few days before the last delivery date anyway.

Was a shame but nothing I'm going to get too worked up about because the problem was averted. I'd say it was the London post getting held up that did it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Dub13 wrote:
    More than half a million letters and cards that have been stranded in London for almost a week are on their way to Ireland today.

Stupid question but do you think a large package coming from Australia could also be in that backlog?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46,104 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Its unlikely they'll give you anything free.
    The missus ordered a CD a few months back and when it didnt arrive after 3 weeks she contacted them and they sent a replacement which arrived about 7 days later. They also give her either a £3 or £5 token/voucher (cant remember the exact amount)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

I'm still waiting for Phoenix Wroght: Ace Attorney for the Nintendo DS which was ordered on the 3rd of December, they're a shower of incompetents next to the great service Play.com offer. Last time I use them.

I got the DS game I ordered, it came yesterday. Still waiting on two DVD's.

I don't blame CDWOW for this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Hey. so i think this a good thread for me to bitch and moan about this whole subject but anyway i ordered a lot of cds and dvds from cdwow.ie for xmas and ordered them 3 days before the last day for xmas delivery and christmas day has been and gone and i still do not have a few of the items from the order. And i sent them an email where i bitch and moan in the hope of getting sumtin free of them.
    But i was just wondering if im the only one who was screwed or has anybody else still not got their xmas presents?

I ordered ON the given guarantee date, and the order came about 5 days later within two days of each other (2CDs came one day, the remaining one the following day). However, an order I made at the end of September (when you wouldn't think postage was too busy) didn't come until the start of November. Nearly 5 weeks waiting for 4 CDs. Out of the 4, two of the jewel cases were mashed completely, and one had black marks on it which looked very like tyre rubber... Fair play to them though, they gave me a €1 off voucher for each CD and sent two replacement jewel cases in 1st class post. Obviously, it's just the high quality Royal Mail and An Post, eh? You just have to be lucky when your order goes out and how it is routed.

Still waiting on 2 DVD's I ordered around December 17th :(

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭ButtermilkJack

This may be somewhat off topic, but I find them to be less than truthful with their 'availability' statements. Every time I wanted something which was due for release, they would claim to have it in stock early when everyone else was 'awaiting stock'. So I order from them, only to receive an instant email reply saying, 'Sorry but this item wont be available until...'

This really p*sses me off, as they are obviously cheating people into buying from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I had a christmas present delayed one year from cd-wow. bought it in HMV, kept the reciept, gave the present and returned the cd when it arrived for my money back in HMV!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭Xterminator

I'm not being a sarcastic git but ... CD Wow, Play.Com etc dont actually deliver. They put the item in the post, and email you to say its on the way. From there its out of their hands.

So if they released your gear on time, you cant really fault them when stuff takes it's time to get delivered.

I ordered some dvds on the 11th of Dec, and didnt get them in time for Christmas. I ordered a footie jersey on the 27th of Dec, and I got the jersey before the dvd's. Its not that unusual.

I blame our mickey mouse postal system.

X

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Bettyboop

I ordered pokemon emerald on 10th dec. and age of empires3
    they emailed me on the 23rd to say pokemon was not in stock.
    Emailed them to make sure age of empires was despatched
    and it was that day.So got them to refund money and had to race around
    to get these games.Age of empires arrived last week but I have not
    returned it yet,dont think I will either.They gave me a right run around
    2 days before xmas so I will call it a freebie:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭mickymg2003

I got my cds there a day after they sent out a replacement so that means i get double cds.

• Advertisement
Advertisement