Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

money question of the equine kind...

Options
  • 26-12-2005 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭

not sure if this is the best place to ask, but here goes..
    i am currently in coownership of a horse with my sister, of which we have put 3K
    into, hopefully in a year or two, with a bit of work done with the horse, we hope to at least sell him for 10000+ at the very minimum...

i am just wondering what the tax implications of the money recieved from the sale would be......

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

You could be liable for Capital Gains Tax (20% of the gain, annual allowance of €1,270 per person) or Income Tax at your marginal rate, if Revenue deem your horsey activities to be a trade.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

hmmm cgt, is there no end to the different types of taxes we are tormented with...

thanks for the reply, i'm wondering though would deem full time wheeling and dealing in the horses as a trade, or would i be alright as i am only going to be selling the odd one or two... ;)

Advertisement