Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanet

• 26-12-2005 3:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭

Hi All well

I have Permanet Wireless broadband in now for about a week and im loving it, getting great download speeds and good enough ping times to play games on line so what more could I ask for :D just want to know if anyone had problems with them,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

Check out this and this have a look here too. Have a look here and on this search too. These are what were available from the IrelandOffline forum.

Hope that helps anyway! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

i just got it myself thursday. got the 1mb package for 34.99e pm. I absolutely love it. this is coming from a person that had 29.9kb/s dialup!!!! I have noticed alright that I have to reset the box a good few times because it loses connectivity. anyone else have this problem or suggestions?? Other than that BRILL :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭Voodoo2

I think its excellent too, no problems with Downloading or even VOIP, although i havent been asked for a cent of money yet? dont know if anyone has had this problem (or not a problem), the other problem i had was my SMTP for my emails didnt work. so i downloaded this http://www.emailarms.com/products/1st_smtp.html it sorted out the SMTP problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

Been trying to get online with these chaps for a couple of weeks, no response (well, one email, but no response after that).

Im between abbeyfeale and mountcollins, anyone in the area with them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

I've emailed them a week ago to order their service, no response yet. I guess this is because I'm in one of their 'planned' areas, the red circles on their coverage map that are to be activated in the 'coming' months (coming being another word for 2007 I presume)..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭ch750536

A 50m mast has gone up about a mile from me. I was wondering if it was these chaps. Cant get any details about it tho and nobody in town seems to know anything either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

I got Permanet down here a few weeks ago, and it is working grand . I am getting the basic package at the moment and i will get them to upgrade it , although i am in no rush, as with the no download cap, i can let stuff download all night and have it in the morning. The mast i am recieving off is the one looking down on Tralee. I am not sure where the mast serving north kerry is, but you should contact Mark O'Raw on permanet and ask him what the story is. Also there is a fella on here called Karsini who has and is in the Listowel area, so he may be able to give a bit of info..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Zippo_Fuel

North kerry mast serving Listowel and adjacent areas is in Kockanure?? (spelling?) near Ballybunion, not to be confused with Knockanure near Moyvane!
    I've had PermaNet for about three months now, and the bandwidth has lived up to the promised speeds. The only problem I've had was the connection dropping out every so often as the IP address lease expired and a new lease couldn't be obtained from the DHCP server. This manifested in the form of the connection dropping out suddenly and being out for anything from 2 to 20 minutes!!!:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭Voodoo2

Zippo_Fuel wrote:
    North kerry mast serving Listowel and adjacent areas is in Kockanure?? (spelling?) near Ballybunion, not to be confused with Knockanure near Moyvane!
    I've had PermaNet for about three months now, and the bandwidth has lived up to the promised speeds. The only problem I've had was the connection dropping out every so often as the IP address lease expired and a new lease couldn't be obtained from the DHCP server. This manifested in the form of the connection dropping out suddenly and being out for anything from 2 to 20 minutes!!!:(

I know one of the installers of Permanet and I too was having this problem, I asked him and There is some messing around with the service aka a hacker, Ive been told it will be monday before this DHCP lease is sorted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

Yeah I hear that. Longest was about 10 mins though.
    Given my past Irish Broadband experiences in Galway, that is a miniscule annoyance that I will forgive them no problem :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement