Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyobe suggest a Fast line with good D/L allowance?

• 26-12-2005 3:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭

I am with eircom at present with a 2mb line with 20gb d/load, i have d/loading 25-30gb a month with eircom, and thats holding back!!!!
    Unfortunitly i aint in a SMART TELECOM area (bayside)
    So what have i got guys..... i think that i would need a 100gb allowance, 2mb min speed...............do i have ANY reasonbly priced option!???
    i heard the end of a ad on the radioo a few days back , and they mentioned 10mb lines, but i didnt hear it again or i never caught the provider!!!

cramp

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

cramp wrote:
    I am with eircom at present with a 2mb line with 20gb d/load, i have d/loading 25-30gb a month with eircom, and thats holding back!!!!
    Unfortunitly i aint in a SMART TELECOM area (bayside)
    So what have i got guys..... i think that i would need a 100gb allowance, 2mb min speed...............do i have ANY reasonbly priced option!???
    i heard the end of a ad on the radioo a few days back , and they mentioned 10mb lines, but i didnt hear it again or i never caught the provider!!!

cramp
    no.

The D/L allowance may be increased in January along with the line speed, but it aint gonna increase to 100gb.

Maybe have a look at the business packages and try to take advantage of the fact that eircom are currently ignoring the D/L allowance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

Is NTL available in your area? They are rumoured to be upgrading to 10 meg in January. They do not charge for breaking the cap. Even if they did it is currently 40GB.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭cramp

yep i have read the posts here egarding eircom and not charging for access, i already stretch that by 5-10gbs....100 mightg be taking the p@@s a bit , as for NTL the same damn this not available in bayside/sutton, maybe a micrwave provider!!!!!????

cramp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭Irishpimpdude

Eircom will not charge you... look at my useage...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

Eircom will not charge you... look at my useage...

You are an ISP's worst nightmare!!!

With your name, I can only come to one conclusion as what exactly you are downloading...then again pimping computers can only have so much data about it on the net;)

• Advertisement

@irishpimpdude
    Well thanks for that reassuring pic, i might stretch them a bit more, buts what i reckon i need about 100gb a month.
    At precent i have moved froma standard eircom package to a Business starter package at 42euro a month with 2mb/20gb, after 6 months they want 65euro a month!

cramp

@ Zuma
    I know guys in CORK on Smarttelecom who are d/loading 300-500GB a month with their unlimited accounts so i wouldnt say the above excessive...........!

cramp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

2000 TO 500GB A MONTH WOW thats a lot even for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

there is only so much you can download to be fair like.......

yep very true friend......but if u are using newsgroups with full speed dloads....u wil go a bit crazy!!!!

cramp

• Advertisement
Advertisement