Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom billing

• 26-12-2005 4:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭

I got broadband this month so called to cancel eircom flat rate 60, and I just noticed that theyve charged me over 80euro for all the internet calls made while i was on it! WTF is going on?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

I got broadband this month so called to cancel eircom flat rate 60, and I just noticed that theyve charged me over 80euro for all the internet calls made while i was on it! WTF is going on?

I'm going by memory here but I think I heard that if you cancel an internet call package during a bill, you get charged for every internet call since the last bill. I think it is the only thing I have ever heard of where cancellations work this way. Isn't it odd that this phenomenon only occurs where it benefits Eircon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭Malafus

Same happened here, we got angry at Eircon, and they credited us an appropriate amount (eventually).

Persistant nagging, ftw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

paulm17781 wrote:
    I'm going by memory here but I think I heard that if you cancel an internet call package during a bill, you get charged for every internet call since the last bill. I think it is the only thing I have ever heard of where cancellations work this way. Isn't it odd that this phenomenon only occurs where it benefits Eircon.

Same thing happened to me recently, I won't even tell you how much I was stung for but i can assure any eircon muppet reading this that they will NEVER EVER get a cent from me again as long as I draw breath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

paulm17781 wrote:

yes if you canx friaco before the billing end you are charged for all the calls for that month , eircom net should have advised you of this , if they didn't advise you I would imagine you should not have to pay the full amount, speak to eircom net is the best course of action.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

the Guru wrote:
    yes if you canx friaco before the billing end you are charged for all the calls for that month , eircom net should have advised you of this , if they didn't advise you I would imagine you should not have to pay the full amount, speak to eircom net is the best course of action.

A guy in work signed up for Eircom recently and he was showing me the documentation they sent hm with the modem. There is a form which you can fill to have your dial up bb product cancelled but there was no mention of any potential downside as regards charging.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

dub45 wrote:
    A guy in work signed up for Eircom recently and he was showing me the documentation they sent hm with the modem. There is a form which you can fill to have your dial up bb product cancelled but there was no mention of any potential downside as regards charging.

I would check the small print I don't think eircom net would leave themselves open like that , they hate giving back money to there customers.

But anyways speak to them and advise them that they didn't advise of the charges on the info they sent you , you still have a case.

Also don't worry about you friends situation just your own in my experience they're always different

• Closed Accounts Posts: 355 ✭✭peepsbates

as far as i can remember we were advised of this when we called to cancle

Advertisement