Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB and WoW?

• 26-12-2005 4:20pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,201 Mod ✭✭✭✭

i was just wondering of anyone using the IBB Breeze 2mb package and is currently playing WoW would be able to tell me what its like with wireless. i know that wireless is less suited for gaming, but IBB is the only viable option at the moment. both esat and eircomm have 6 month contracts, which is bad, since i wont be in the house for 6 months.

from the description of Breeze 2mb, it sounds good, with 2mb up/down and no cap limit. i know alot of people complain about ripwave, so i was hoping breeze was better.

also, does anyone know where the IBB broadcasting mast is in Carlow?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Man do a quick search for Ibb.... You will find your answer there stay well clear of Breeze.....
    Kiith wrote:
    i was just wondering of anyone using the IBB Breeze 2mb package and is currently playing WoW would be able to tell me what its like with wireless. i know that wireless is less suited for gaming, but IBB is the only viable option at the moment. both esat and eircomm have 6 month contracts, which is bad, since i wont be in the house for 6 months.

from the description of Breeze 2mb, it sounds good, with 2mb up/down and no cap limit. i know alot of people complain about ripwave, so i was hoping breeze was better.

also, does anyone know where the IBB broadcasting mast is in Carlow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=524

Ask there, you'd probably get a quicker answer.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,201 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

ya, i'll try on the WoW forums too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Grumpy Orc

ive got teh breeze 3mb and its not as bad as poeple make out, it works perfectly half the time sub 20 pings to servers, i don't play wow however but i do dabble in the fps scene. i don't know how much Wow is effected by packet loss but u will get it on IBB at teh busy times and sometimes it'll just be totally useless. as im writting this the IBB dns server im connected to is fecked up an i can't access any website (im using my neighbours unsecured wireless to get dns lol) and i keep getting ping spikes that last about a minute and and so i timeout of any online game and my ventilo server, this isn't all the time but the fact that it happens at all is very annoying. but my flatmate needs the no limits and fast upload speed for his work so im kinda stuck with it.
    Bottom line is this: i wouldn't recommend it for games at all or in fact for webbrowsing but it is still broadband and thats better than none if u can't do the contract for cable or adsl. But the download speeds are great and the no limits means u can get all the free torrents u like.

Advertisement