Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why won't she give a definate answer

• 26-12-2005 4:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Put simply, guy (me), meets fan-bloody-tastic girl in school. I mean seriously fantastic, she's easily up there for best looking in the year, and she's one of the coolest people in the history of the world ever. I get on really well with her, but then of course I have to start liking her, this is killing me. I've liked her for months, but I've only told anyone in the last few weeks because I thought one of my best mates liked her.

Some people said I had/have a chance but to be honest I'm fairly tall but I'm very thin, so look lanky and awkward, so I don't think so.

It came up one day that I liked her, and she just side-stepped it ridiculously well. But then she started saying that if both of us do like her she didn't wan us to stop talking because of it, that's a long story with him being pissed off with me for a while and that was one of the suggestions for it.

She hasn't said she likes me (which I'm nearly positive is true) but she hasn't said she doesn't for definate, and I'm the only person she flirts with who doesn't flirt with her first and people tell me this could be a good sign.

Why would she not give me a proper answer? And I know none of you can tell me her reason, but what are some possibilities?

Cheers, this is wrecking my head

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

1: there is a slight chance she does nt like either of you and is just playing it cool, because she likes the attention

2: she could also be intrested in you, ( this shown by the flirting) , however does not want it to wreck the friendship between you and this other guy or between the three of you.

Is there other opportunities coming up where by the two of you are alone ?

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭micosavo

Suppose the simple idea is out...you could just ask her out for drink. Also, if he is one of your best mates, you should chat to him and find out what the story is with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

nah, they sound too young for that. if it was me, i'd be actin like that coz i was contemplating my options! If shes as hot as u say, chances are there's a queue!

You have 2 choices:
    1. Wait in line,
    2. Skip the queue! ;)

WARNING: Both come with pros and cons.

The decision, is YOURS...

(lol was it the Generation Game that was from? or sum Cilla Black gameshow? OH it was Blind Date! how kinda appropriate! haha)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

I'm the OP, I couldn't be bothered going unregged now

@Heyes: She isn't the type of girl who looks for attention. We end up alone an alright amount of times

@micosavo: I'm only 16, and I don't drink so count that one out. I have been speaking to him about it, he keeps telling me I should go for it

@The_B_Man: I wouldn't be surprised if there was a queue. If I wasn't so shy I'd like to skip it, but there's one of the difficulties

Cheers for the responses lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

Squirrel wrote:
    I'm the OP, I couldn't be bothered going unregged now

@Heyes: She isn't the type of girl who looks for attention. We end up alone an alright amount of times

@micosavo: I'm only 16, and I don't drink so count that one out. I have been speaking to him about it, he keeps telling me I should go for it

@The_B_Man: I wouldn't be surprised if there was a queue. If I wasn't so shy I'd like to skip it, but there's one of the difficulties

Cheers for the responses lads

Okay well going by what you have just said, then go for it. You have absolutaly nothing to loose. You seem to get on and be comftorble in each other s company, so just ask her for a drink,and see what happens. At least the outcome will provide you with an answer either way, and from what im reading, it will more likely be positive, so go on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Answer? wrote:
    She hasn't said she likes me (which I'm nearly positive is true) but she hasn't said she doesn't for definate, and I'm the only person she flirts with who doesn't flirt with her first and people tell me this could be a good sign.

Why would she not give me a proper answer? And I know none of you can tell me her reason, but what are some possibilities?
    In computer terms its like a handshake, you need to show some response to her flirting for her to continue flirting, eventually this increases to "I like you" or "would you like to get together at the weekend" or somesuch. You need to give to receive.

School can probably feel like such a stage, so get talking to her in some other way. Give her some reassurance that you do like her and gradually the ante will be upped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭lazydaisy

Did you give her a definitite question?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

A definite question? u mean "up the bum ,no harm done!" and "Up the gicker, 10 times quicker!" sint a question!? lol

nah look, shes ur mate, u have a friend to lose! if ur under 18 then "fúck it, like shít in a bucket!" as they say! else its probably more closer a friendship and u'll wanna keep it. think of this:

if she was a minger wud u be mates with her?

yes? then leave it.

NO? then fuk it, ask her somewhere then try ate the face off her! simple! women arent that smart and sophisticated as films will lead u to believe! NIKE; just do it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Caryatnid

Hello.
    Answer is - because she doesn't fancy you, and it's hard to let someone you care about (being you, a friend) down.
    Look at what you've written.....it actually came up, "and she just side-stepped it ridiculously well" - if she fancied you, she would've picked up on the chance to get the ball rolling....
    ALSO...and I'm quoting you here...
    "But then she started saying that if both of us do like her she didn't wan us to stop talking because of it, that's a long story with him being pissed off with me for a while and that was one of the suggestions for it."
    Uh, why would she stop talking to you if you were going to get together or something was going to happen? The reason she said that, is because she has figured you like her, and she's trying to warn you that she wouldn't like to lose you as a friend, as this is a real possibility if you keep pursuing her despite her signs that she's not interested.
    Decide whether you want to keep her as a friend or not at all. I recommend keeping your mouth shut, and keeping her as a friend (if you can bear it). In time you'll probably get over it, and be really good friends with her, or you never know, in a year or two, she might actually fancy you. For now she doesn't. You've batted the ball, there was no attempt to bat it back..... We'll call that game love-love......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

Cheers Caryatnid, that's what I decided, no point losing her as a friend

Cheers for all the replies

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Húrin

Answer? wrote:
    I'm the only person she flirts with who doesn't flirt with her first and people tell me this could be a good sign.
    Makes sense to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

She sounds like she enjoys being the centre of attention which, personally, would disinterest me greatly. She knows you like her, the ball is in her court now, don't jump through hoops for her - you're not a performing animal.

Advertisement