Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB and WoW?

• 26-12-2005 5:43pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭

i was just wondering of anyone using the IBB Breeze 2mb package and is currently playing WoW would be able to tell me what its like with wireless. i know that wireless is less suited for gaming, but IBB is the only viable option at the moment. both esat and eircomm have 6 month contracts, which is bad, since i wont be in the house for 6 months.

from the description of Breeze 2mb, it sounds good, with 2mb up/down and no cap limit. i know alot of people complain about ripwave, so i was hoping breeze was better.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

At the moment im on 56k and get 300-500 pings which are easily playable. So i could just imagine what it would be like with 2mb even tho it's wireless :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

wireless will be no problem at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭zekiel

I'm on IBB and it works fine.. getting pings of 20-60.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

zekiel wrote:
    I'm on IBB and it works fine.. getting pings of 20-60.

may i ask what service you use with IBB (i.e ripwave or breeze 1mb/2mb etc...)

edit...ah crap, didnt realise that Breeze had a 12 month contract :( so unless your using ripwave, which is supposed to suck ass, i guess im out of luck...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

I'm on the 2Mb Breeze package and when it works it's great, but IBB suck big donkey balls and regularly I get bad lag spikes and latency is oftens 10k+ which is not in any way playable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭masteroftherealm

Im on breeze 2mb and get pings of20-100 with spikes in IF of bout 400 all very playable.

Oh id kill to have my broadband back :( Count yourself lucky not running around a main city with 2000 + :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

whats yur characters name sunz and where are u currently questing? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Hey, I'm on a 56k modem and usually connect at 33.6k (Hello Eircom pairgains/splitters!), I really want WoW but if it's ridiculously unplayable because of lag and an unreasonable amount of time passes to download updates/patches I won't bother. Is WoW a 56k no go area if your copy of WoW hasn't been patched (i.e. a fresh retail copy)?..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭masteroftherealm

Yes for the patches. Hopwever if ya can get mates to download the patches its playable.
    (Gimme a shout if ya want i can burn them onto a cd and post if ya want)

• Advertisement

Lol kil :D Im on haumer now, went back to my 24 orc hunter the other day am loving it, tis a nice break from the mage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

go back to the mage please;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

the problem isn't really your connection with wow,
    its more the servers being a joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,748 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

never realised so many people still used 56k for online gaming. i've been on 2meg for about 2 years and 1meg about a year before that. only just started playing online when i got the 2meg.

I’ve had 2meg business for over 2 years just moved house last month and no bb out here until another few months so until then only thing I can do is wow.

most I ping at now over the last week is like 700 in main cities when they are well populated and am doing bg like ab and wsg with a 450-500 ping and quite often topping it, so im experiencing no lag at all WELL none I notice, ps <3 aimed+multishoy

I don’t know if the ping im getting is because I turned down absolutely every single graphical effect the game has to offer. But I suggest doing that if playing on 56k seems to have helped me.

Advertisement