Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uilleann Piper Looking For A Gig

Options
  • 26-12-2005 5:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭

Hiya- uilleann piper/flute player looking for regular gig. Dublin/Wicklow area preferably, but happy to drive anywhere!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Hi...I live in Dublin and am 2. I play a bit of rhytym acoustic guitar/bodhran and can sing a bit. Play planxty/dubliners/pogues/christy moore. Ive come to the conclusion that a 'real' job will never be part ofmy life. Im looking for maybe another 2 musicians who can sing/play mandolin/bazouki/uillean pipes to travel around Europe with plaing music(for money obviously) and to have great experiences with. If interested email me at rosscorush@yahoo.ie:D

Apologies, slight spelling mistake...im 24!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Teamhair

I wasn't looking for myself- boyfriend is the flute and uilleann pipe player. He's also a guitar player and has an amazing voice. I'm learning the mandolin and the whistle. He's already done the touring Europe thing and I think he wouldn't mind a return to it. His day job is really getting him down. If I turn out to be a mandolin prodigy, we could certainly get something together!

Great! get yourself or your boyfriend to give me an email if yid like to get something together. Was thinking of maybe hitting Germany in time for the World Cup...bars would be packed then and would be needing some music!!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Teamhair

Now there's an idea! I'll work hard at the ol' mandolin and see how it goes. Failing that, there's always boudhran or the spoons!

• Advertisement

heehee, no probs! If your boyfriend is interested get him to give me a shout!

Advertisement