Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Drunk Driver Crashes into car and van

Options
  • 26-12-2005 6:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭

Yep last night a drunk driver crashed into two cars on my road and my dads van(which is now in really bad shape and unusable for work). He then did a runner.

The road which the cars are parked is a main road so there is a lot of traffic on it, but two lads walking by saw it happen. The car was a old type renault clio, eithier red or blue, with a lot of damage on the passenger side. We had a drive around today to see if we could spot it but we couldnt. Its in the Balrothery area of Tallaght that the crash happended, and we reckon the clio is local, probly kilamanagh/Greenhills/Walkinstown.

If people could just keep their eyes open for a badly damaged on the passenger side old red or blue clio so we can find this drunk driving scumbag it would be great.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'm going to give this a sesonal sticky.

Mike.

Not trying to be smart, but how do you know he was a drunk driver?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

^ yeah exactly! could have just been some dirty little tallaght scummer that nicked the car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

C Breeze you have'nt got many posts on this forum and you're already catching my eye as troublesome. Lay of the abrasive (for the sake of it) language.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

No he was pissed two lads on the road saw him driving down the road all over the place and driving sidewards into a curb further up the road, when they saw him hitting the vehicles they chased him but he still kept driving real slow, but he was to far away for them to catch.
    Also if it was robbed it would be burnt by now and the garda have not yet any records of a burnt clio in the area the last week or so. So its still in somebodys possesion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,414 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

old red or blue clio

Maybe a silly question, but could you not tell from the damage to the van or the other vehicles what colour the clio must have been?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

mike65 wrote:
    C Breeze you have'nt got many posts on this forum and you're already catching my eye as troublesome. Lay of the abrasive (for the sake of it) language.

Mike.

ok mike, point taken.
    But even if they were to track down this clio , could the owner not just say his car was stolen?...was there any proof that he was drunk even?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Who cares if he was drunk or not. Just check the local driveway's, as its proberly still parked somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,042 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I hope you track him down before he starts hitting people!! The same thing happened to my dad one time but it was one of our neighbors - my mam happened to be passing by the window and witness the whole thing! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

unkel wrote:
    Maybe a silly question, but could you not tell from the damage to the van or the other vehicles what colour the clio must have been?

Sorry it was later verified as blue.
    The quote we got to repair the car and van was 8500 grand:eek: and thats just us not to mention the other cars on the road

And ye we have checked every drive way in the area but to no avail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,300 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Then I can think of only one thing, which is to stake outt he road same time next week. It may be that the person uses the route may use it again. Follow, and tip the cops off to their location. Drunks use quickest route from A to B, not trying to evade everyone.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Sorry it was later verified as blue.
    The quote we got to repair the car and van was 8500 grand:eek: and thats just us not to mention the other cars on the road

Any luck getting them?
    Doesn't the IIF should cover the payout and not affect your NCB?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

without a reg to trace the IIF dont pay out at all

Advertisement