Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New DVD-RW not showing up! HELP!

• 26-12-2005 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭

windows XP

So ive just plugged in my new BenQ dvd-rw. my problem is that i've turned back on my computer and its not coming up to say that it has found new hardware. ive gone into control panel and searched for new hardware aswell but its not coming up. so i'm thinking the only thing left is that i have plugged it in wrong.

I have the power supply in right and the IDE cable aswell in correctly (both my CD-RW and this new drive are both on the one cable) , that's right isn't it? . but i also connected this other small cable which i don't know the name of into the back of it and also into the mainboard. i just copied what i saw on my other drive because there's a small white cable coming out the back of it aswell and into the mainboard. it seemed to fit well but i'm not sure if i was meant to do that.

Does any1 have any ideas??? please help,

Thanks alot,

Bubba

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Bubba

OK dosn't matter, got it fixed. had both set to master! eeejit

Advertisement