Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to Purchase a Rifle?

Options
  • 26-12-2005 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭

Hi! Ive been shooting for a while now, just taking a few shots here and there from my mates .22 and I want to get one myself. I was talking to his dad about where and how to get the lisence and what not but I jus wana hear it from someone else. So...

1. What is the procedure to get a lisence for a .22
    2. Where to buy a rifle and how much (im from waterford jus to keep that in mind)
    3. How long will it take for me to get all sorted so I can go out shooting...

Thanks,
    Tom

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Umiq88

I bought my gun from waterford at around may i think its called shooting and fishing it will be in the phone book im not from around there so not to sure of how to explain how to get there

i found the guy very resonable prices were very good and good selection of guns

To go about doing it go in and find the gun you want if your getting a .22 id recomend a cz they're to most common and very accurate and great value for money you then pay for the gun or put a depoist down the dealer will give you the details erial number etc on his recipt you then bring this along with permission from a landower or two to shoot from or a membership from a club to the garda station ask for the officer that deals with firearms this will then be processed and you should either get your licence or a reason why it has not been granted in the next couple of weeks/months i would make sure to give them a ring or pop in to them just to make sure they dont forget about it after 2 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭tom_ass19

cheers man. here will i tell the officer or whoever is in charge that im in the RDF, would that kinda be a advantage since ive used alot more powerful weapons an know all bout safety

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 847 ✭✭✭pcwares

ill send u the number its lynchies shop

Yeah it couldnt hurt but generally its not hard to obtain a licence for a 22 but from a saftey point of view if there was any doubt in the licence it might tip it in your favour

Just incase you dont know but its kinda of obvious, gun permits are only granted on the basis that you have a use for them so in your case just say target shooting (or hunting if thats what its for) and you need a letter from a landowner giving permission for you to shoot or if you have the land yourself but talk to the guy in the gun shop you shouldnt have much trouble getting one shouldnt take more than a month i dont know what the supers like down there though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Clare gunner

tom_ass19 wrote:
    cheers man. here will i tell the officer or whoever is in charge that im in the RDF, would that kinda be a advantage since ive used alot more powerful weapons an know all bout safety

Doesnt make much of a difference INMHO.We have one poster here who was /is in the regular army,and was still run thru the wringer by his local lot.

• Advertisement

Yeah it couldnt hurt but generally its not hard to obtain a licence for a 22 but from a saftey point of view if there was any doubt in the licence it might tip it in your favour

Just incase you dont know but its kinda of obvious, gun permits are only granted on the basis that you have a use for them so in your case just say target shooting (or hunting if thats what its for) and you need a letter from a landowner giving permission for you to shoot or if you have the land yourself but talk to the guy in the gun shop you shouldnt have much trouble getting one shouldnt take more than a month i dont know what the supers like down there though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭tom_ass19

thanks guys for all ur help. gotta go get wasted now,haha. im over in scotland for new years, should be a good laugh, thanks for all the help guys, ill let ye know how it goes with the lisence n wat not. thanks again...

Advertisement