Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ipod Video artwork??

Options
  • 26-12-2005 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭

Hi lads how do you put the cd covers onto the ipod so it shows when playing the song like on the add?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭u2gooner

Not sure but i know with mine they only show up on songs or albums that i bought from itunes. Nothing shows for cd's i ripped.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

If you have the artwork on your computer already then click and drag it into the bottom left hand corner of itunes when your playing the right song/album.

You'll probably have to do this for every song on the album.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

were abouts in the bottom m8?

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭u2gooner

Think he means the now playing part on the bottom of the right hand column of itunes, under the menu

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

blahblah06 wrote:
    were abouts in the bottom m8?

Under the column where it says Library, music store etc. there should be a white box where it says "Drag album artwork here". Select the song you want to attach the artwork to and drag it down into that box.

I've actually just done it with a few of me own albums.

• Advertisement

i dont have any white box

ok the cover shows on the itunes but not on the ipod any idea

omg im so annoyed. i can see the artwork in itunes but not when i play the songs on the ipod. anyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Sauron

blahblah06 wrote:
    omg im so annoyed. i can see the artwork in itunes but not when i play the songs on the ipod. anyone

Keep in mind you have to drag the artwork for every song on the album.

To do an album in one drag, just above the artwork box on iTunes click the bar so it says selected song then highlight all the songs on the album and drag the artwork...

If you did all that, is there an option in the iPod settings to turn artwork on or off?

Hi m8 thx for the reply,

for example ive got all robbie williams album with the cover showing on itunes and have the option clicked to show it on the ipod. it says in the options to click the middle button twice for it to show but nothing is coming up. would it because i didnt buy this of itunes that i cant see it or is it something simple

• Advertisement

here is a pic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Sauron

It wouldn't have anything to do with whether or not you bought it from itunes, I set an ipod up for a friend with a whole library of songs ripped from CDs and all I did was get the artwork from google image search and it shows up on the iPod no problem.

If you've set it so that the ipod displays artwork, then as soon as the song plays, a thumbnail of the album should appear on the left beside the song title.

Do you have the ipod set to automatic update or do you manually do it? because iTunes writes the artwork into the id3 tags of the songs as far as I know, so if you had it set to manual, you'd have to add them to your ipod again to get the artwork to show.

if you haven't done so already, try erasing those robbie williams songs from your ipod and then adding them again, then they should have the artwork

[Edit] looking at the pic, I'm not sure.. it should show up really. the only advice I could give would be to try and add them again... sorry man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Smx

The artwork must be on the song already when your adding it to the iPod.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Download a program called "albumcoverfinder" it will fill your library automatically .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭setanta5

If you want to apply a cover to all songs on the album quickly just highlight all the songs in the album and then right click on one. This will bring up a field settings box and one section you can update is artwork. Paste the pic in there (Can be any pic i think) and it will apply to all the selected songs.

You then have to sync those songs again to the ipod to get them to display on the Ipod itself.

To get the album cover i usually open Media Player and "find album info" which will download the file into the folder where the album is stored. You'll have to change the folder options to allow youto view hidden files, but you'll get them there then.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Album cover finder is available to download here :http://www.amphonicdesigns.com/albumcoverfinder/

You can use it for 15 minutes each time you start it , but its under 10€ so its well worth buying...

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭case_sensitive

It's a cool feature; for a complete music collection, every song should have artwork, and the lyrics downloaded for it..
    I spent friggin ages tagging my music collection, and make a point of gettign both for every new CD I rip. Of course, I could do this for downloaded music too, but I don't.
    :-/
    I use clutter for the graphics, and PearLyrics (queries 7 lyrics sites, then Google) for the lyrics, but I have a Mac.

When I set up this for my Mum I bought ($5) AlbumArtwork, which grabs the artwork, haven't set up the lyrics search for her yet.
    If I could find a program that would reliably set the BPM count in each song, I'd be loving it (I have 4600 odd songs, and I'm not using one of those 'tap along' programs for each one!).

Sounds pedantic, and it is, but having all that data is really useful when building playlists. Of course, flashing the full-screen artwork and lyrics on my Nano is an impressive ad for gadets.
    I should work for Apple.

cheers lads got it to work. does anyone know how to put a mpeg onto the ipod video?

blahblah06 wrote:
    cheers lads got it to work. does anyone know how to put a mpeg onto the ipod video?

Convert videos to the iPod type using iSquint http://www.isquint.org/
    Then, just drag the videos into the itunes library, and as you would with music, put into the iPod.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

Also you can try (and I highly recommend) Videora Converter:
    http://www.videora.com/en-us/Converter/iPod/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Cant get that fetch art thing to work i downloaded it but when ya go to unzip the folder an error is coming up. I eventually got it out but there is no install package just a .dmg file and i dont know where to put it so it works with itunes. Anybody got any ideas
    thanks

Advertisement