Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I`m moving to Cork

Options
  • 26-12-2005 8:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hello.

Well, I don`t know if this is the right place, but I have been looking all over the internet to find someone who lives in Cork :D
    I am moving to Cork in January or February, and I was hoping to talk to someone who lives there, and maybe I can meet when I get there. :confused:
    I am moving with my feance and my 2 year old daughter. My feance got a job offer in Cork, but I have to stay home and take care of ouer baby.
    I am usually verry shy, But I don`t want to be all alone for 18 months with no friends and nothing to do ;)
    If someone is wondering where I`m moving from, it`s Norway :D
    If you have something you can tell me about Cork, or if you know of any web- sites I can visit, please send me an e- mail or PM me :D:D

Eva -

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭homah_7ft

This is probably a good place to start if you want to talk to someone from Cork. Are you moving near the city?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Eva_M

I am so glad to hear that I am in the right place!

Well, I don`t know yet, but we have been looking for apartments in Cork City :confused: It`s not easy to find something on the internet, you have to see it with your eyes.
    My feance are moving to Ireland on January 4th. But Me and my daughter have to wait untill he can find an apratment. And I hope he can find a place verry fast. I can`t wait to move to Ireland :D

Is Cork a small place?

( I don`t know if my age shows, but if anyone are wondering, i`m 22. )

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭homah_7ft

From Wikipedia:

Cork City has a population of 123,062 (186,239 including its immediate suburbs) while the county (excluding city) has a population of 324,767 (CSO 2002).

The city itself is small enough. I would say you won't have too much trouble finding an apartment. You should try the accomodation forum.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=38

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

www.let.ie
    www.apartments.ie are some places you can try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 lexington

Find an apartment:

http://www.daft.ie

Find out about Cork:

http://www.corkcity.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

Cork is dead easy to move to, Lexington's post has all you need really :) If you want to find out about moving to Ireland in general, the government information website at http://oasis.gov.ie has loads of stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Nina_Angelica

Having made the move myself back in 2004 I would say that Daft.ie is an excellent site for apt. hunting! (My fiancé is from Cork and he uses Daft).

Another site I would recommend just for Irish Tourism in general would be www.cork-guide.ie

If you're stuck you can always try renting short term from Northgate Apartments (25 Kryl's Quay) but it can be expensive so not good for a long period of time (unless you work out a deal w/ them). Their apt's are definitely clean and well kept (I've used them twice before).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

Good luck with your move to Cork Eva. It's a great city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭MrsA

Good luck with it all Eva,
    I think you will like Cork - it is not as cosmopolitan as some other European cities and there are limited amenities but, the people are very friendly and it is getting better.
    Try to get to see the real Cork while you are there, get out and about down the country at the weekends - get to North, West and East Cork. Go to festivals, there are loads of those in the summer.
    Have a great time I know what it is like to be away from home for a while.
    MPA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Eva_M

Tank you all for verry usefull reply`s!!
    ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Good luck Eva, and fair play to all who replied. Very helpful indeed lads. One thing though Eva, don't be scared when you get there first - they all talk like that, it's okay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭smileygal

Good luck Eva -here's a website listing entertainment, events, etc in Cork:

www.whazon.com/cork

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

fade2black wrote:
    Good luck Eva, and fair play to all who replied. Very helpful indeed lads. One thing though Eva, don't be scared when you get there first - they all talk like that, it's okay.
    Excuse your cheek!! - and where are you from that you can comment on us like that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭evie

Hey Eva!
    That's great news that you're coming to sample our lovely city. I'm currently living in Stockholm Sweden and having fun here. Culturally, it's a bit different but I would imagine you would fit right in. I know what it's like to move to a new place but don't worry about making friends. If you're having any difficulties or you want some advice, drop them on this thread. I'll be back in Cork in February and I can't wait!!
    Best of Luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

I'm sure you'll find lots of information on things to do in Cork and peopel to meet up with here

And I'd advise going here to talk to people who are from Cork

Advertisement