Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dance and Scumbags

• 26-12-2005 9:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

I've noticed this alot of things these days. Jaywalkers for one. Always in the way am i right? Anyway, I hate dance music myself. But just the other day I was in a club, minding my own business. I was dancing the way it's meant to be done, but guess what happened next? Yeah that's right, 10,000 white shirts and tight jeans ran at me, elbows flying and tashes glistening. I was trying to ignore them and be the alpha male that I am, but they were ruining my buzz. Then all of a sudden an elbow caught me in the groin. I was perplexed to say the least! Do I destroy the guy and his 9,999 friends (easily), or do i run away and massage my member back to health? I opted for the former.

Why is it that all dance music sucks and attracts complete and utter knackers? I'm not sure there are any "normal" dance fans anymore. Techno? More like, HECK NO! Burn.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

(this is going to be fun)
    :v:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭DIRTY69

WELL FIRST OF ALLL.....:p

ya there are proper dance fans. the muppets usually are the tiesto loving trance fraternity, that can't enjoy or have a good time unless they have found some decent 'yokes' & have drank so much they can't feel feelings any more!:o

Look to belgium, germany, netherlands for proper dance fans (theres a lot of them). From the irish perspective, people who really like the music are the true fans. and they are not the langers that are giving the rest a bad name.

Theres plenty that would jump on the bandwagan because it suits their social sensibilities & casual approuch to the manufactured drug market.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

I for one utterly love dance music, as do two of my very close friends. We enjoy it for what it is, rather than the scum that too enjoy it (I'm guessing it's because most have no lyrics, and the paralytics can't even speak when they're so pepped up anyway.

Yeah that's right, 10,000 white shirts and tight jeans ran at me, elbows flying and tashes glistening.

What nightclub was this in actually? Sounds like a River Island sponsored Ninja Festival! I have gone to a lot of clubs from techno to house to hip-hop to charty farty clubs full of pop tarts and choir boys...and i'll tell you now that the amount of trouble that arises in the charty farty clubs is far more than the alternative clubs. Most of the people who go to these alternative clubs are going for the music or for the DJ while those who are going to your avearage "S-Club-7-esque" barn dance are looking to either get drunk or score and if they don't score or if they get too drunk then they fight. That's the way I see it anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

hes right tho

the majority ARE scummy knackers

• Advertisement

Helix wrote:
    hes right tho

the majority ARE scummy knackers

yip, loads of knackers like dance music but knackers aren't exclusive to dance music...they are every where....spreading like a disease.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Tiesto loving knackers are like the Goths of Dance music. Embarassing to the real fans.

S.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,840 ✭✭✭✭cormie

You shouldn't limit yourself and exclude a whole genre of music. Jebus. There is good music in every genre, you just have to find the good stuff. The music you were listening to in a club that you somehow ended up in, and probably didn't know anything about the DJ on the night, may not have been good dance music. Listening to dance music doesn't make you a scumbag either. You being a scumbag is defined by how you treat others/yourself, not by what music you listen to.

aye

most scumbags listen to dance

most dance heads arent scumbags

• Closed Accounts Posts: 349 ✭✭Hub

I've noticed this alot of things these days. Jaywalkers for one. Always in the way am i right? Anyway, I hate dance music myself. But just the other day I was in a club, minding my own business. I was dancing the way it's meant to be done, but guess what happened next? Yeah that's right, 10,000 white shirts and tight jeans ran at me, elbows flying and tashes glistening. I was trying to ignore them and be the alpha male that I am, but they were ruining my buzz. Then all of a sudden an elbow caught me in the groin. I was perplexed to say the least! Do I destroy the guy and his 9,999 friends (easily), or do i run away and massage my member back to health? I opted for the former.

Why is it that all dance music sucks and attracts complete and utter knackers? I'm not sure there are any "normal" dance fans anymore. Techno? More like, HECK NO! Burn.

First of all your getting your wires crossed. Techno is good. The stuff you see advertised on tv or the stuff you hear in what ever dive you go out in is not techno and its a shame that people associate that drivel with real techno.
    Techno is underground and you will NEVER hear it played in some faggoty nacker discobar.

Techno/Electro/DnB/ house are liked by the "trainspotters" and people with a bit of a brain tbh.

Trance/hardhouse/happy hardcore is liked by nackers and the general population of tools.

The club you were in was sounds like a nightclub in some small town or whatever. Not a very wide selection of people to go on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭ando

I noticed a lot of clones aswell , pink shirts, shirt collor tucked up and hair sticking up with blonde highlights.... argh, ffs it gets boring withe everyone the same

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭micosavo

I just love a good fight where the floor is mopped with rubbery-nike-air-max-wearing-muppet-mobile-driving-scratchers

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Everyone that listens to dance music is a scumbag. Myself included.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

Jivin Turkey: Everyone that listens to dance music is a scumbag. Myself included

Speak for yourself not everyone else.
    I was going to sir henrys back in 1991 and it was the best place on earth.It was like one big happy family most of the time.That time there were no muppets or scumbags,bikers used to go there along with the joe bloggs wearing public.It stayed that way untill dance music started to cross over in 1993 from then on it was'nt that good.
    I went for the music and nothing else...never did drugs and never will,a couple of pints of diluted rasberry and a few decent tunes in a row along with the atmosphere from the crowd that was my buzz.
    Now days everywhere has a scumbag element,if you can find your own space and just ignore whats going on around you it helps...but there comes a time when that technique just doesnt work any more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭tgordonx

i personally think some of ye should be banned for wat ye say , im no scumbag, but i love tiesto , i also love funky house , house, trance , techno, hip hop , electro , that doesn't mean im a scumbag cause of wat i listen to, and in case anyone askes i play all of the above in my sets , i dislike cheese pop dance, but i dont associate any music with any type of person, in the uk dance scene, kensington quite a wealthy place also of posh people , wats the biggest club music in that area 'hard house', frantic , majority of people come from upper class london to go to this club, just cause a guy gets a slap in a club buy a white shirt jeans with a tash , wat was he doin to get a thump? maybe he really deserved it , maybe they didnt give it hard enough, so i personally think its pretty sad u refer to scumbags cause of wat music they listen too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭nellieswellies

Dancing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭DIRTY69

Everyone that listens to dance music is a scumbag. Myself included.

...uh oh! I think we've found someone trying to stir up the party ....!:p

**** it. Theres plenty of scumbags that like dance music ... and then theres plenty of non scumbags that are psycho obsessives (such as myself!;) :) ). It takes a mixure to every party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭base2

Word J Turkey. At last someone speaking the truth. The amount of scum on this forum is sickening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭FunkyChicken

base2 wrote:
    Word J Turkey. At last someone speaking the truth. The amount of scum on this forum is sickening.
    WORD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭zinc

Maybe you need to start hitting the nights that arent advertised by big name djs, places sumbags likely dont even know exist and would probably get turned away from anyway. If youre going somewhere, and theres tonnes of sumbags around an dthey are being let in you can bet every scumbag will go there.

• Advertisement

tgordonx wrote:
    i personally think some of ye should be banned for wat ye say , im no scumbag, but i love tiesto , i also love funky house , house, trance , techno, hip hop , electro , that doesn't mean im a scumbag cause of wat i listen to, and in case anyone askes i play all of the above in my sets , i dislike cheese pop dance, but i dont associate any music with any type of person, in the uk dance scene, kensington quite a wealthy place also of posh people , wats the biggest club music in that area 'hard house', frantic , majority of people come from upper class london to go to this club, just cause a guy gets a slap in a club buy a white shirt jeans with a tash , wat was he doin to get a thump? maybe he really deserved it , maybe they didnt give it hard enough, so i personally think its pretty sad u refer to scumbags cause of wat music they listen too

Thesaurus & Dictionary & Elocution....just a suggestion! Do you wear any burberry by chance? :v:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

tgordonx wrote:
    i personally think its pretty sad u refer to scumbags cause of wat music they listen too

Somebody's got some self-denial problems :rolleyes:

If everyone else on this thread is man enough to admit they're a scumbag for liking dance music, why aren't you? Even Lenny, the mod of this forum, will freely own up to being a tallaght knacker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Sico wrote:
    If everyone else on this thread is man enough to admit they're a scumbag for liking dance music, why aren't you? Even Lenny, the mod of this forum, will freely own up to being a tallaght knacker.
    Lenny is the biggest knacker I've ever seen.

How else would he have gotten the moderation gig?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Tiesto loving knackers are like the Goths of Dance music. Embarassing to the real fans.

S.

Knackers are to dance as Goths are to ???

Zillah wrote:

homo's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭SpAcEd OuT

Zillah wrote:

society

ahahahahahahahahahahaha

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement