Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Itrip

• 26-12-2005 10:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭

Can they be bought in ireland ? If so where ?

What are they like ? I'd love to hear feedback from people that actually have one. Eh Can they be bought online witha laser card ?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭mikeruurds

Hi there

I have had one now for about 8 months and it's great. I bought it on ebay from Canada for about €40.

I don't think that you can buy it locally as I believe that it's illegal as it transmits an FM signal. The signal only has about a 2-3m range so I don't understand what all the fuss is about. The Itrip is made by a company called Griffin Technology.

Tell me if you want to know anything else.

Mike

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

yup you can't buy them here in ireland and if you can i'd imagine it would be off some market stall as they are illegal as pointed out above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Cheers lads , i Kind of had a idea what they can do and that they are iilegal , but they are only illegal to use and not to buy. I have spent last few hours looking on the interweb for a site that is laser card friendly that i can but one from.

I find it quite useful when I go on holiday and hire a rental car. Most have a radio/tape or radio/CD but very few have a AUX jack, so the itrip enables me to carry 20GB of music around and use it with any FM receiver.

It's a top class product.

mikeruurds wrote:
    I find it quite useful when I go on holiday and hire a rental car. Most have a radio/tape or radio/CD but very few have a AUX jack, so the itrip enables me to carry 20GB of music around and use it with any FM receiver.

It's a top class product.

I know this hence i want one , but cant get one :(

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

I have one for sale if interested. It's in perfect condition, still boxed and contains all original instructions, setup CDs etc... It's for a 3G or 4G iPod. 35 EUR if interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 852 ✭✭✭case_sensitive

Yeah, they're brilliant, I've had a few, including my last one, the iTrip mini, for my 6Gb mini, which I got my brother to buy in Texas while he was over.
    Mind you, miles better than either (though bigger, and needs batteries of it's own) is the Belkin TuneCastII, as it'll work in any device with a 3.5mm jack. Much easier to 'lock' on to a station, behaves better when you turn it off (remembers the station) and has its own screen.
    Buy one, I was using it on 3 different radios today, including two cars, seconds to set on each. Buy one.

ADSLUSER wrote:
    I have one for sale if interested. It's in perfect condition, still boxed and contains all original instructions, setup CDs etc... It's for a 3G or 4G iPod. 35 EUR if interested.

Yes i will buy this , will it fit the ipod mini ?

Advertisement