Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clothing Help!!

• 26-12-2005 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

Hello everyone! Can people out there help me with a few questions.

It is coming closer to the new year and I'm in search of resonably priced boots and trousers. I would like to get the best gear but the cash isn't too high this time of year. Can anyone tell me if there are any other shops (other than Bikeworld) that have good gear at a low price.

I have checked many UK sites that ship and they all tend to be lower in price than Bikeworld...I am using bikeworld as an example since this is the only shop that I have been in that has has an extensive selection (to my knowledge!!)

I am willing to spend up to 100 for boots and 150 on trousers...am I being too tight on the boots or trousers?? (The gear is needed for commuting.)

I'm looking for synthetic gear so if anyone can help I'd be extremely greatful.:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,049 ✭✭✭✭tk123

ebay all the way!! I've gotten all my gear off it in the past year(old stuff was leaking) and saved loads!! My latest bargain was a pair of Frank Thomas trousers for around €60-70, i think my Alpinestars boots and jacket were in the €100-120 region each! I just use my gear for commuting but safey first etc! I find bikeworld a bit on the pricey side and they don't do that much ladies stuff!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

if you are not in too much ofa rush the bike show is on at the start of march (afaic) you should be able to pick up a good bargain there

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭scorphonic

hate to rush into things like this but i'll be on the bike by the end of Jan and this is the only time I'll have to get this done:eek:

Thanks for the help so far...any more would be warmly welcomed...want to learn enough before parting with cash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Pigeon Reaper

You should try Cotters in Ballymount for cheap gear. They're less than five minutes from bikeworld in Ballymount industrial estate. I picked up swift boots for €20. They're seconds due to a faulty zip which was fixed by a local shoe shop for €10. Normally they retail for €150 plus. He also has lots of cheap armoured bottoms, jackets, gloves. I haven't come across anywhere cheaper in Ireland. If you go in and explain you're starting out and say what you need he'll help. Ask for a discount too or for something thrown in. He gets alot of repeat business and you'll see many couriers in buying gear(you won't see that in bikeworld) The shop is always a mess as it's a wharehouse set up.

Make sure that whatever you get is armoured. Ask anyone who has come off a bike why. Also I recommend gloves and a full face helmet. If you fall off you'll always put out your hands. Gloves will prevent you loosing the skin on your palms. A full helmet is awkward but you appreciate it the first time you hit a big insect/pigeon/bus. anyhow happy hunting and make sure the gear you get is comfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭scorphonic

Hay thanks for that Pigeon Reaper, Am looking forward to going there tomorrow! Seems like every country can purchase gear at a nice low price BUT Ireland. Imagine we pay ~250 for boots when the English or Americans pay 100 for the same boot!! Painful really

Thanks for all the help,

Ride safe!:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement