Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who will win the Royal Rumble?

• 26-12-2005 11:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭

As the thread asks, who do you think will win the Royal Rumble? It's less than a month away and it will determine how wrestling will pan out for the next few months. So who do you think will win it?

Personally, I will go with the easiest choice and say Triple H. Why? Well, first of all there have been rumours for months that Cena vs Triple H will headline Wrestlemania 22 and it doesn't look like Cena will drop the belt at New Year's Revolution. And second of all, it's been ages since a heel won the Rumble. I think Vince was the last one.

It is hard to figure out what way the WWE will go with storylines. Also, the No Way Out main event has been announced and it's set to be...
    Kane vs Batista

My money is on Triple H. What do you think though?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

If strong rumours are to be believed, its gonna be Orton that will be the winner. With the Undertaker feud finally out the way, i think Orton will win it.

Also heard the winner of Rumble wont be automatically in main event at Mania.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

It will also certainly be a Smackdown star to win the rumble this year. I cant see the point of HHH winning the rumble anyway. Rumble is really for putting wreslters way over like Batista last year and Benoit the year before. I'd see more sense in Orton winning but not sure if it will go that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

I think Orton will win it. I hope so anyway: would like to see Orton vs. Batista. Id say they'll use the shoulder injury from last year in the storylines.

Id say the other main event will be HHH vs Cena with HHH beating Big Show or Flair at the Rumble, thus deserving a shot at Wrestlemania.

It will be interesting to see if they push someone like Lashly by having him in for ages and nearly wining.

Has to be Orton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

IMO, it will be Orton, as he has been on a mega push since going to Smackdown, he has been involved in the highest profile fued for the entire year of 2005, and despite losing the HIAC is now put over as a credible main eventer, something he wasnt when he was first put in that scene.

Also, as already mentioned the Rumble, in general, has been used to put over new talent to the main event scene, so Trips doesnt need that. Add the fact that HHH has lost the main event for the last few years, I cant see him topping the bill again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

gimmick wrote:
    IMO, it will be Orton, as he has been on a mega push since going to Smackdown, he has been involved in the highest profile fued for the entire year of 2005, and despite losing the HIAC is now put over as a credible main eventer, something he wasnt when he was first put in that scene.

Orton has dropped the ball though yet again, has he not? Two big wins over Taker in PPVs yet he didn't really progress from there and recently Taker beat him at HIAC. I just wonder if they have done a repeat of last year and have decided to overlook him yet again.
    gimmick wrote:
    Also, as already mentioned the Rumble, in general, has been used to put over new talent to the main event scene, so Trips doesnt need that. Add the fact that HHH has lost the main event for the last few years, I cant see him topping the bill again.

Do you really think Triple H will choose not to be in the main event? The Rumble isn't always used to elevate new stars. Remember Austin won in 2001 and Triple H won in 2002.

I've heard rumours that Hogan wants to wrestle Big Show at WM22 because the match with Austin doesn't appear to be happening.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Triple H put over Big Show at New Year's Revolution so he can have a program with Hogan while Triple H will go on to win the Rumble. His ego is just too great.

I dont have too much time to go into this in a big way, but yes, you are right, Austin and HHH won the Rumble in 2001 and 2002 respectively. What you didnt mention is that these two were just back from career threatening injuries, and the WWE has always been known to give a returning superstar a good push on his return, ffs even Bob Holly got a main event program with Brock, and although this ended in a squash, and subsequently do anything for Holly, it still showed what the WWE do for their returnees.
    Orton has dropped the ball though yet again, has he not? Two big wins over Taker in PPVs yet he didn't really progress from there and recently Taker beat him at HIAC. I just wonder if they have done a repeat of last year and have decided to overlook him yet again.

I see your point, but answer me this - does a loss necessarily mean a loss of momentum. The HIAC, by all accounts, was a brutal affair altogether, which once again showed how far Orton can go to establish himself as a big name in the company. Looking at it objectively, how many careers has Taker helped make by being in a prolonged feud with him. Without having to look too far back theres Brock and HBK to name but two. He also did a decent job with Cena, and god knows how much he has done for Kane over the years.

to be continued...........................

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭moongoose

i know in all likeliness it will be either trips, orton or as an outside depending on new years revolution carlito. but for me one that could set up a great fued would be for matt hardy to win it and edge to cash in his money in the bank shot. just imagine this fued being rekindled at WM especially the way it ended on raw. as i said not the most likely but the ingredients are there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭yak_kadafi

my guess since last summer has been that orton will win it..it seems like the wwe wanna give him a huge push................so hes my pick....i dont really see anyone else winning it.....huge surprise if anyone other than hhh or orton wins it though

gimmick wrote:
    I dont have too much time to go into this in a big way, but yes, you are right, Austin and HHH won the Rumble in 2001 and 2002 respectively. What you didnt mention is that these two were just back from career threatening injuries, and the WWE has always been known to give a returning superstar a good push on his return, ffs even Bob Holly got a main event program with Brock, and although this ended in a squash, and subsequently do anything for Holly, it still showed what the WWE do for their returnees.

Well there are cases of course where returning stars haven't gotten a big push for example Chris Benoit who sat out WM18 with a serious neck injury and who was only involved in a tag team title match against Benjamin and Haas at WM19. The point I was making was that the Rumble can be used to further a storyline and it can involve established superstars. Other examples are Bret Hart in '94, Austin in '98, Vince in '99, The Rock in 2000. Only in recent years has it been really used to elevate wrestlers not used to the main event. Lesnar, Benoit and Batista in '03,'04 and '05 respectively.
    gimmick wrote:
    I see your point, but answer me this - does a loss necessarily mean a loss of momentum. The HIAC, by all accounts, was a brutal affair altogether, which once again showed how far Orton can go to establish himself as a big name in the company.

Did it though? I think Orton is being hurt by having his father in his corner. He needed help from Daddy in the HIAC. Also, in the weeks leading up to the storyline, he was shown as being terrified which of course was part of the storyline but I think it was taken too far. I don't think HIAC elevated him to the extent that his match with Foley at Backlash last year did. Would you agree?
    gimmick wrote:
    Looking at it objectively, how many careers has Taker helped make by being in a prolonged feud with him. Without having to look too far back theres Brock and HBK to name but two.

It's interesting you mention that though because Taker put over Lesnar and HBK in those matches giving them the win. Perhaps it was felt that Orton did not do himself justice in the feud...

On another note, Orton's promos have been criticised quite a bit lately, particularly one just before Armageddon which kicked off an episode of Smackdown.

I've never really understood why he's so highly rated by management. I hated the fact that he beat Benoit at Summerslam and I knew he would soon drop the belt to Triple H after that.

I'd love to see RVD win the Rumble. There's a returnee who deserves a push...

• Advertisement

Yes, but Cena? He beat him. Austin? It was back and forth. What Im saying about Taker is that he helped elevate others careers, whether by winning or losing. And lets be honest, Orton had the edge over the entire feud.
    Did it though?

YES!

Personally, I think Orton came out of this feud looking great. As good as he did post Foley, and dare i say better as this feud had to carry FSD for the last few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Lita Forever

moongoose wrote:
    matt hardy to win it and edge to cash in his money in the bank shot. just imagine this fued being rekindled at WM

Hey, I'd like Lita to elimanate both men from the Rumble then go her own way and never be associated with those two again. These things just don't happen though. Lol.

As for who'll win it...I haven't thought that deeply on it yet.

I'm going to pick Orton as the msot likely choice. Interestingly, a face has won it for the past 5 years so maybe this will be a change from that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭irishcrazyhorse

I am gonna go with rey rey!
    I really feel they have been working him up as a serious main eventer?

or at worst he will be in the final four left!

I dont think lashley will have a chance but I do see a high profile feud coming from the rumble match for him...eg.angle/hbk,taker/maven!
    He isnt ready yet for a main event push..

But back to the point,I can see Batista dropping the title soon to orton and it been rey v. orton a WM

Or at least that is what i hope and pray for,no one deserves a title run more than Ray

gimmick wrote:
    to be continued...........................
    I hated the fact that he beat Benoit at Summerslam and I knew he would soon drop the belt to Triple H after that.
    Do you really think Triple H will choose not to be in the main event?

Lets stop with HHHating. HHH has been accused of so many things, a few of which are true,ie wanting to beta Flairs record etc, but HHH has always done what was right for the business. He has put so many people over, its hard to see why people think he is a selfish self centred individual. The reason whjy he topped the bill of 3 out of the last 4 Wrestlemanias, and the reason why he headlines so many PPVs, is simply becuase he is that damn good! He put ober Batista last year, Benoit the year previous, helped Booker take a big step the year previous again.

Even when not counting Manias, he helped put over Shelton Benjamin and Eugene this year to name but two. Going before that he looked after RVD - some will say that RVD should have won the title, but I say he wasnt ready, he wasnt over enough, he wouldnt have made any money for the WWE.

Also, look at what HHH has done for the company. He took a savage beating from Flair in the cage at Taboo Tuesday, won the last man standing, but still made an ageing Flair look tough as nails. Before that, he done the job for Taker at WM17, while he was on a roll. He elevated Rikishi to a main event level he could never have got to without help.

We all know Ortons last face/title run was crap, but would it have been better had he won the title from HHH, rather than dropping to? Of course it would have. HHH taking the title back from Orton, IMO, did more for getting Orton over, that holding the title ever did for him. It did eventually get him hugely over, albeit briefly. Orton certainly dropped the ball then, though it can easily be argued that the writers pushed him to main event level too quickly then. Will the same happen again, who knows?
    He needed help from Daddy in the HIAC.

I wouldnt look at that as being a minus. Daddy is simply a typical heel manager. Flair helping Trips during Evoloution didnt hurt did it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

I'd like to see someone like Benjamin or HBK win it, but i think that Orton will as it has been rumoured that he will face Batista at WM!

gimmick wrote:
    What Im saying about Taker is that he helped elevate others careers, whether by winning or losing.

But sure I know that. The point is, Orton hasn't been elevated to the extent of others.
    gimmick wrote:
    And lets be honest, Orton had the edge over the entire feud

Nonsense. He was defeated at WM21, thus hurting his legend-killer gimmick. And while he got the win at Summerslam and No Mercy, he was taken apart at Survivor Series and defeated in HIAC at Armageddon. He was also beaten cleanly on an episode of Smackdown when he was planted with the Tombstone piledriver. Taker clearly has had the edge.
    gimmick wrote:
    Personally, I think Orton came out of this feud looking great. As good as he did post Foley, and dare i say better as this feud had to carry FSD for the last few months.

I'm shocked that you say that. Over Foley, a legend, he had two clean pins and the match at Backlash was a Foley specialty. Against Taker, he didn't get a clean win and most recently lost to Taker in a match that is Taker's specialty.
    gimmick wrote:
    Lets stop with HHHating. HHH has been accused of so many things, a few of which are true,ie wanting to beta Flairs record etc, but HHH has always done what was right for the business.

Yeah, the Kilque was right for business! Putting over his buddies Orton and Batista was right for business! Sitting in at writer's meetings is good for business! Whatever pal!
    gimmick wrote:
    He has put so many people over, its hard to see why people think he is a selfish self centred individual.

He puts people over because ultimately he has all the power. He can book himself for the big matches like WM.
    gimmick wrote:
    The reason whjy he topped the bill of 3 out of the last 4 Wrestlemanias, and the reason why he headlines so many PPVs, is simply becuase he is that damn good!

No it isn't, it's because he hogs the spotlight. Perhaps you have forgotten the cheap heat his title matches were getting when he was champion.
    gimmick wrote:
    He put ober Batista last year, Benoit the year previous, helped Booker take a big step the year previous again.

Benoit ended up losing the title to Orton and got a hug from Triple H afterwards. Nice that he looks out for his friends like old times. Bringing up Booker is laughable! Booker was set to win but Triple H changed the plan and had him lose! Some guy!
    gimmick wrote:
    Even when not counting Manias, he helped put over Shelton Benjamin and Eugene this year to name but two.

How did he put over Eugene? He beat Eugene at Summerslam '04. And Benjamin was put over last year. This year he's done very little.
    gimmick wrote:
    Going before that he looked after RVD - some will say that RVD should have won the title, but I say he wasnt ready, he wasnt over enough, he wouldnt have made any money for the WWE.

Ah yes, RVD was another individual who was set to win but the plan was changed. RVD was well over, always has been. He should have been given a run.
    gimmick wrote:
    He elevated Rikishi to a main event level he could never have got to without help.

LOL! Rikishi recently did an interview where he said he was promised big things with the Austin storyline and that Triple H p*ssed all over it by inserting himself into the storyline as the brains behind the plan! He hurt Rikishi.
    gimick wrote:
    We all know Ortons last face/title run was crap, but would it have been better had he won the title from HHH, rather than dropping to?

No. Orton simply wasn't ready. Triple H's plan was to main event against Orton at WM20 but the plan was delayed a year because Orton wasn't up to it. A year later Batista came out more popular than Orton though. It's amazing that you say RVD wasn't ready for a title run but yet you try to argue that Orton was!
    gimmick wrote:
    HHH taking the title back from Orton, IMO, did more for getting Orton over, that holding the title ever did for him.

Are you kidding me?
    gimmick wrote:
    It did eventually get him hugely over, albeit briefly.

Hugely over? Don't exaggerate. Michaels still got louder pops when they would team together. Orton was a lousy face.
    gimmick wrote:
    I wouldnt look at that as being a minus. Daddy is simply a typical heel manager. Flair helping Trips during Evoloution didnt hurt did it?

Triple H was already established before Flair came along. Orton meanwhile is still trying to establish himself as Smackdown's top heel but needing help from Orton Snr doesn't do much for him.

You and I differ greatly on these matters!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Brow

*Cough* Eh...I think Orton will win the rumble. Or whoever Mr Nice Guy says so I dont get berated... :P

Mr Nice Guy won't berate you, he just likes a bit of friendly debate. :)

I know that all too well... :P We had a nice engaging debate a while ago on Charlie Haas, who is rumoured to be returning. Interesting how WWE got worse without him and now they want him back eh MR NG?

Brow wrote:
    *Cough* Eh...I think Orton will win the rumble. Or whoever Mr Nice Guy says so I dont get berated... :P

I'm not berating anyone for choosing Orton. My problem was that it was put to me that the Rumble is only used for elevating new stars and I pointed out that' thats not always the case. Also it was said to me that Orton has proven himself in the last few months and I don't agree with that.

In my opinion it will be either Triple H or Orton to win. Orton is highly thought of by the WWE. I just don't understand why.
    Mr Nice Guy won't berate you, he just likes a bit of friendly debate.

Quiet you. ;)

• Advertisement

Brow wrote:
    Interesting how WWE got worse without him and now they want him back eh MR NG?

I don't know if the WWE got worse without him as I didn't feel Haas had done enough when in the WWE. Apparently he has done great work as a heel on the Indy circuit so he must have improved a great deal. It will be interesting seeing as his wife is in TNA! I'd like to see a Haas/Benjamin rivalry.

The one they should really get back is Rico. Why the hell was that guy dropped when he was way over?

Points taken MNG, I disagree with you hugely though.

Re Rikishi - could he have had as intense a feud with Austin, as HHH did?

Re Booker - Was he ready to lead the company as top man?

Re RVD - same question as above?

My 2 cents the answer to all 3 is no. Of course Rikishi gave a bitter shoot, most wrestlers who have huge egos and never became top man tend to be bitter with the talent who were in 'their' place.
    Yeah, the Kilque was right for business!

HHH wasnt the big boy there, and was subsequently punished by having to job for many months for his part in the 'curtain call'.
    Putting over his buddies Orton and Batista was right for business

Whatever about orton, he was always going places in the WWE given his name, and 3rd generation stuff. As for Batista, perhaps HHH saw something in him, and felt that he could put him over. I think Batista has made a very decent champion, and has a great presense.
    Whatever pal!
    Why the sarcasm? or condesension?
    He puts people over because ultimately he has all the power. He can book himself for the big matches like WM.

Yes, he may have all the power, but he is also the top guy in the industry at the moment, he puts on a good match, and when he does do the job for people, it helps their careers big time. People say he has kept people down, held them back etc. I dont see how this is the case, or who people may be on about. As personally, I cant see who could have stepped into his place. In all fairness, who would you have preferred as champion, Steiner?
    How did he put over Eugene? He beat Eugene at Summerslam '04. And Benjamin was put over last year. This year he's done very little.

hands up, I got that mixed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭merlinsmerryman

I hope Michaels wins, I think orton will win and secretly I'd like to see the Boogeyman win (comes in last and scares the last few away with them all jumping over the top rope lol:D )

^^^ Somehow I think that'll happen in the early stages of the rumble. Good call.

gimmick wrote:
    Re Rikishi - could he have had as intense a feud with Austin, as HHH did?

It's hard to say in hindsight seeing as Triple H was already a star in his own right at the time. Clearly Triple h benefitted more though because he went on to get a win over Austin in a 2 out of 3 falls match at No Way Out.
    gimmick wrote:
    Re Booker - Was he ready to lead the company as top man?

Again it's hard to say seeing as Booker went on to become a mid-card wrestler and right now he's wrestling for the US title. At the time though, he had eliminated The Rock in an over the top rope title shot match, he was given a clean win over Triple H on Raw to help the feud and even though he lost at WM, he stayed around the title picture for a while. Also, before that he was involved in the Elimination chamber match a few months previously. he could have been given a short title reign at least in my opinion. If I remember correctly, the World title wasn't even defended at Backlash that year.
    gimmick wrote:
    RVD - same question as above?

I think RVD has always been well over as he has a great affinity with the fans. Heyman has said that there's not many guys in the WWE who connects with the fans like Van Dam and seeing as he still gets a great response despite his miserable time on Smackdown, I would agree. I think RVD would have been a good champion. The problem is, RVD isn't allowed to shine in WWE as he said in some detail at ECW One Night Stand. I hope he gets his chance in 2006.
    gimmick wrote:
    HHH wasnt the big boy there, and was subsequently punished by having to job for many months for his part in the 'curtain call'.

I will accept that he was punished alright but clearly he does politics backstage as good as anybody. It seems to be the case that if Triple H likes you, you will go far. I hear he was big on Ken Kennedy before he got injured.
    gimmick wrote:
    Whatever about orton, he was always going places in the WWE given his name, and 3rd generation stuff. As for Batista, perhaps HHH saw something in him, and felt that he could put him over. I think Batista has made a very decent champion, and has a great presense.

I will agree that Batista has beena good champion, especially considering the difficult circumstances of the last few weeks but would these two guys have been as big had they not been aligned with Triple H? In my view, no.
    gimmick wrote:
    Why the sarcasm? or condesension?

Sorry. The anger is directed at Triple H rather than yourself.:o
    gimmick wrote:
    Yes, he may have all the power, but he is also the top guy in the industry at the moment, he puts on a good match, and when he does do the job for people, it helps their careers big time.

The top guy? I think you're buying into the WWE propaganda. You rate him above HBK, Kurt Angle, The Undertaker, Chris Benoit to name but a few?
    gimmick wrote:
    People say he has kept people down, held them back etc. I dont see how this is the case, or who people may be on about.

RVD, Booker T, Kane, Chris Jericho spring to mind. An argument could be made for Christian too seeing as his TNA speech seemed to make a subtle reference to Triple H. If Batista can make it, so can the guys listed above who, in my opinion, can wrestle a better match than he can and speak on the mic better.

I'm not saying Triple H isn't a good wrestler. He proved himself before he ever got involved with Stephanie. However, power corrupts and the guy is the most powerful wrestler in the WWE right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

My pick for the Rumble next year is Orton. Something nobody seems to have brought into consideration though is that maybe the winner will switch shows. Doubt it'll happen though

Just picking out a quote relating to HHH:
    This year he's done very little.

I'd agree, but I would see that as a good thing. He was gone for months. Before his win at Survivor Series, he hadn't won a ppv match in 9 months. I was shocked when I realised that. But I have to say it was a good thing, and I think a bit better of him now. In the grand scheme of things, I'd say he's done a lot this year

Fozzy wrote:
    Just picking out a quote relating to HHH:

I'd agree, but I would see that as a good thing. He was gone for months. Before his win at Survivor Series, he hadn't won a ppv match in 9 months. I was shocked when I realised that. But I have to say it was a good thing, and I think a bit better of him now. In the grand scheme of things, I'd say he's done a lot this year

I wasn't actually referring to Triple H, I was referring to Shelton Benjamin. He seemed to be on the verge of great things at the start of the year with the show stealing spot when he ran up the ladder at WM21, as well as two superb matches against Y2J at Backlash and HBK on Raw. Since then though he has been pushed down to Heat and has been losing to guys like Rob Conway and Trevor Murdoch. Then there's the introduction of his momma! Not a great year...

I wasn't actually referring to Triple H, I was referring to Shelton Benjamin.

Ok..but reading it again, I don't see how you meant Shelton! I don't regard Shelton as the best young guy out there. He's been allowed to really show his stuff in the ring, but I still think other guys are better. I've seen Conway and Murdoch do some brilliant things in the ring. And I still believe that Haas is much more talented than Shelton! Really hope he gets a chance to shine if he is coming back to WWE

Fozzy, you can't honestly be saying that Murdoch does brilliant things in the ring ? Especially in comparison to Shelton.

• Advertisement

I can and I am! Shelton's overrated. Yeah, he's good, but not as good as I'd be lead to believe reading some people's opinions on him. Apparently Murdoch is meant to be getting an IC push soon..at least, that's what I read. If he does crap, I'll be proven wrong, but I believe he'll do great things in the ring in the future

Fozzy wrote:
    I can and I am! Shelton's overrated. Yeah, he's good, but not as good as I'd be lead to believe reading some people's opinions on him. Apparently Murdoch is meant to be getting an IC push soon..at least, that's what I read. If he does crap, I'll be proven wrong, but I believe he'll do great things in the ring in the future

I've read reports that Murdoch has been getting very poor reviews at house shows when he has wrestled Benjamin.

Okay, I'll agree with you that Shelton's not the best on Raw but imo he is still very good.

Just take two matches he's had this year, V HBK on Raw and V Jericho at Backlash, you could even take his series with Carlito, hold those matches up to anything that Murdoch has done in the ring since he debuted. There's no comparison.

Not to put Murdoch down too much here, but the fact is I haven't seen anything impressive from him. He hasn't looked like the worst ever but still, he's only looked okay. For someone heavily rumoured to be getting an I-C title push he really should look better. As I've said before, I would rather see Cade pushed over Murdoch.
    I've read reports that Murdoch has been getting very poor reviews at house shows when he has wrestled Benjamin.

I've read poor reviews about Murdoch V anyone.

I heard glowing reports about Murdoch before he joined WWE but I'm guessing he's one of these guys who has had to tone his style down a bit for WWE tv and im guessing he's suffered a bit as a result. Give him time though, he's a good character and would be interesting to see as champion.

Everyone seems to be a tad negative towards the Shelton momma thing, now I could be very wrong on this, but I think it's something he could use. He's not the most charismatic person on the roster and this will only give him more mic time for interaction with his mom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭karlh

very strange aside, read into it as you will.

playing the new smackdown v raw game at the moment and in career mode, RVD is the champ and features prominantly in the game, voiceover etc.

think he could possibly win the rumble and finally get where he deserves?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I think to be fair to Murdoch we don't really know how good he is because he has n't really had a chance to show anything on a singles level yet. So the jury is stil out. He can cut a real good promo though. Look at WWE unlimited for the last 2 weeks.

With Shelton, in the ring he's alot of fun to watch and has had some great matches. I'd be looking forward to the elimination chamber way more if he was in it. In saying that in terms of promos, he's not the strongest and maybe the whole "Sheltons Moma" thing if done correctly and thats a big if might help him get over.

I think RVD did the most voice overs on the game because well he has had alot of free time on his hands. I'd love to see it but there was a moment when he came in when they could have and should have pushed him to the moon. They looked like they were doing it and then they just stopped. But you never know, when he does come back they might give him a go. Then again they probably won't.

• Advertisement
Advertisement