Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

22lr Handguns

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭thelurcher

civdef: Do you not consider the Sig Mosquito for a reason?
    I know nothing about it myself.

I rang GRIFFIN HAWE LTD. who are the Irish dealers according to the Sig site - they have none in stock but he gave me a price of €300 for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭civdef

The Mosquito isn't listed in the Frankonia catalogue, where I got my prices from. That said, I'm looking for something reasonably target oriented, so that would tend to rule out the Mosquito.

Griffin Hawe have sold a good few Mosquitos afaik, for the price they're a very decent pistol apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭thelurcher

Doing a bit more reading and the P22 is available as a package with 2 barrels and an adapter for a moderator - that's what Pat Hayes quoted me for at €450.
    You can get the P22 without the extra 'target' barell and adapter for less I presume - which is why some people are getting much cheaper quotes :confused:
    In the US that package seems to go for $400 - according to rimfirecentral.

Not a bad US comparison considering the 10/22 basic model is $275 RRP in the US but in Jeffers in Bandon it's €470 - I've said that here before - but that is a complete ripoff!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Before you even consider buying the P22, go and get hold of one somewhere. It's fine for someone with small hands, however, if you've got large hands the grip will get lost in the middle of your palm somewhere and holding it will be quite awkward. You're much better off getting something with a bit of weight on it and a good grip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 ginoguns39

Ri_Nollaig wrote:
    ive bought all my guns Pat Hayes pet shop mallow :D
    how much was it for that pistol? online prices say around the $300 mark?
    wud love to c the look on my local gardi face if he saw an application for that... he only barely gave me an air-rifle (i no it goes to the super but im sure he can delay it and be awkward)
    ime going down next tuesday to buy one.big rigmarolla involved.1st you have to join a gun club(best to join his),2nd you need to have had a firearms cert for over three years,3rd insurance cert for a firearm(house ins. policy will do)and 4thly you need a fire arms safety cert.which you can obtain from the gun club when you join.phew! price for the walther p22 450.00euro.and finally its a waiting game from your local super. ha ha

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 ginoguns39

hes a robbing git.he has no interest in selling pistols whatsoever go to mallow or theres a shop in waterford called fishn n shootn.he has a good selection of pistols.

Advertisement