Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Battlestar Galactica on Xbox

• 26-12-2005 11:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone played it, any good?

Love the new tv series, dislike the old one intensely, so was thinking might pick this up cheap if its based on the newer incarnation.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Hey, never played it. But what I do know is that its a prequel to the original tv series. Basically you take on the role of a young Adama, years before when he was a viper pilot in the Cylon Wars and right up to how he becomes commander of a Battlestar.

So, is it any good? Well, most reviews ive seen say its "so-so". Has anyone else played it here? I'd be interested in picking it up cheap somewhere for my PS2, if its halfway decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭mlink73

I didn't liked it at all. The gameplay is boring and at times nearly impossible to manage. It also did get very mixed reviews, most people complained about the same issues. I traded my copy back into Gamestop. Check out your local store, that should have preowned ones for around € 10,-

But I wouldn't recommend it at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Hmm....it is indeed cheap, but unfortunately my local stores don't seem to have any copies of it! Just interested in playing it, although I already suspected the game would be of somewhat questionable quality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭spooydermot

if i recall correctly it was released a good while before the new series was shown, so you never know they might develop a newer game to tie in with the TV series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭SolarNexus

if i recall correctly it was released a good while before the new series was shown, so you never know they might develop a newer game to tie in with the TV series.
    I hope not, everytime a series goes down that route it has ended up badly... I cant think of a single good movie/tv/game crossover, they've all been awful - the best they can hope for is a so-so review (even the latest DOOM movie was so-so, only for fans of the game).

The entire point of battlestar galactica as is now is that its kind of documetary-shot, if you ARE the characters, you loose that perspective. and I love that about BSG.

• Advertisement
Advertisement