Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Result!

Options
  • 27-12-2005 3:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering does anyone know what the story is with out christmas exam results???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭muffin_man

From what I hear we don't get them til the summer! Not totally sure about that, but it's what I hear. Having said that tho, I figure if you ask your lecturer he/she will prob tell you how you got on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

January some time. It depends when your department have their board meeting about the exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

I cant wait til summer!!! january though i can handle
    jeez thte thoughts of havin to wait til summer to know whether or not i failed would be some bihitch!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

patience scraggs, patience. /me thinks any non-semesterised people like me will still have to wait till the summer regardless.

patience is a virtue use it when u can
    seen often in a woman but never in a man
    ....hmm doesnt seem right.

The thoughts of havin to wait til summer...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Vorsprung

Red Alert wrote:
    patience scraggs, patience. /me thinks any non-semesterised people like me will still have to wait till the summer regardless.

So when do they tell you if you've failed an exam so you can repeat it in the summer? Would be handy to know! There's a decent chance I failed one :(

yep same 'ere jim - except i can't repeat it. i not too sure, some people have said that there'll be ways of finding out (i.e. from your tutor or whatever) but i'll believe it when i see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

Red Alert you will prob get yours end of Jan/beginning of Feb (can't remember exactly when we got ours)...it all depends on Dr C really cos he's in charge of all that. There's not much ceremony, people walk into his office, sign a paper saying they won't complain or try to appeal results until they officially come out, then Dr C prints them off and hands you a piece of paper!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Don't you have to repeat christmas exams in August? For those who are modularised that is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

yeah, and it sux cos there'll be more chance of failing then compared to when i failed them before christmas.
    I deserve to repeat anyway, i was soo lazy this semester.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 839 ✭✭✭zap

blondie83 wrote:
    Red Alert you will prob get yours end of Jan/beginning of Feb (can't remember exactly when we got ours)...it all depends on Dr C really cos he's in charge of all that. There's not much ceremony, people walk into his office, sign a paper saying they won't complain or try to appeal results until they officially come out, then Dr C prints them off and hands you a piece of paper!

who's DR C?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

zap wrote:
    who's DR C?

Dr Cox. He's an important figure in this college don't you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheVan

We had Christmas exams last year and as far as I know it will be about two weeks after we get back, so about the end of January if thats any help!

blondie83 wrote:
    ...it all depends on Dr C really cos he's in charge of all that. There's not much ceremony, people walk into his office, sign a paper saying they won't complain or try to appeal results until they officially come out, then Dr C prints them off and hands you a piece of paper!

i should have known signing a paper would come in to it somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭LovelyHurling

Most lecturers will probably just tell you. Had this great lecturer in first year, he was at least a hundred and we had to do oral exams where he'd "grill" you on your anatomy but at the end of the oral hed be full of excitment and hed be moving around the chair and before you got up tp go would just burst out "youve passed!!" I dont think he failed anyone, now why cant all lecturers be like that...

we had to do oral exams where he'd "grill" you on your anatomy but at the end of the oral hed be full of excitment and hed be moving around the chair

that doesnt sound right...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭LovelyHurling

gosh maybe i should be more careful when using the words anatomy, oral and excitement in future, but still scraggs - thats just filthy and youll burn in hell!

i'll look forward to it...

Advertisement