Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radeon X800GTO2 Error

Options
  • 27-12-2005 3:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭

Just set up a new rig and having major problems with my graphic's card. While playing far cry and half life 2 I get about 10/15 minutes out of it then it crashes to a blue screen with no error message or anything.

Anyone got any idea??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

You downloaded and installed the latest catalyst drivers?.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭dwaned

yeah tried that. Still no good

Motherboard:Gigabyte GA-K8NP-SLI ,nForce4,Socket-939 ,ATX, SATAII,GbLAN, Dual DDR, 2XPCI-Ex16
    CPU:AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ 2.2GHz Socket 939, 1MB
    RAM:GeIL 1GB (2x512MB) PC3200 UltraX-BH5 CAS2
    Video Card:Sapphire ATI Radeon X800 GTO² 256MB DDR3 TV-Out/DVI (PCI-Express)
    PSU:Cooler Master Real Power 450W w/Power indicator, 20/24pin
    Hard drives:Western Digital Caviar Special Edition 250GB 2500KS SATA-II 16MB Cache - OEM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Well blue screens are usually the forté of Windows so it might be XP crashing off the back of video memory failure, try it in another PC if you can, if the same thing happens it's the cards fault (as in hardware failure - Send it back to the shop), if not it's your PC's problem and then it could be any number of things...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

Are you overclocking any thing on the computer ?

Don't know anyone with a pc that has pci express to try it in.
    Haven't overclocked anything either...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭vishal

try running memtest, could be a memory issue.
    then try running prime and test for stability.
    you could also run ati tool and scan for artifacts.

vishal wrote:
    try running memtest, could be a memory issue.
    then try running prime and test for stability.
    you could also run ati tool and scan for artifacts.
    Any Chance you might be able to tell me where to get these tests Vishal..
    Thanks

this is link for memtest, burn it to a cd-rw or cd-r if you have them to spare. just let it run for 1 pass and see if you get any errors. http://www.memtest86.com/memtest86-3.2.iso.zip
    BTW this runs outside windows, you must boot from this disc.

this is a link for atitool, just click the button scan for artifacts, don't do any ocing.
    http://www.techpowerup.com/atitool/ATITool_0.24.exe

here is a link fo prime http://mersenne.org/gimps/p95v2414.exe. ( i don't know how to use this exactly because i have never used it.

try the tools in order that i have listed above and tell us what you get.

does this happen in only farcry and hl2 or in other games and applications etc?

also if you have an old pci graphics card try it in and see do you get any blue screens

• Registered Users Posts: 8,020 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I have that Geil Ram myself. I was having pretty much the exact same problems as yourself until I read somewhere that the vdimm(ram voltage) needs to be set to 2.8v. Ever since I did that I havent had any problems at all.

Give a try and see what happens

yeah if you get memtest errors you can up the ram voltage to 2.8 as apposed to 2.6. then run memtest again and see what happens.

• Advertisement

Thanks all,

Gonna give them all a try for a couple of hours. Will let you know how I get on..

Thanks again

Tried a few things last night and uped the votage a notch.... Got tree un-interupted hours of Game play:-)

Thanks to you all.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Video Card:Sapphire ATI Radeon X800 GTO² 256MB DDR3 TV-Out/DVI (PCI-Express) -- why are you NOT overclocking this? :D

Advertisement