Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help with buying graphics card

Options
  • 27-12-2005 3:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭

I'm wanting to buy a new graphics card as my old fx5700 just isn't cutting it anymore, I still have to stick with agp as I don't have the money to upgrade my motherboard and processor....anyway...I was looking at both the 6600GT 256mb and the 6800GS 256mb on komplett, theres around a 70 euro difference between the two, but is the 6800GS really that much better? is it worth the extra cash? I've heard a lot about the 6600GT being a very good card...and the 6800GS being a basic 6800 with an extra bit of oomph...which kinda puts me off for some reason, I'd just like to know if its worth going and spending that bit extra, thanks for any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

The 6800GS is comparable to a 6800GT. I'd definitely go with the GS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭Willymuncher

Thanks for replying, I guess the answer may have been obvious to some, but it was better that I asked.

Advertisement