Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

XBOX360 VGA cable question

• 27-12-2005 9:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

I've been using the component cable with my Premium system since launch day, but I'm a bit stuck for component sockets on my tv (just 1 set). Then I seen this VGA cable on Ebay.

Has anyone used one ? and is it possible to buy it in Irish shops. Is this much of a difference between component and VGA ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Tank Top Fever!

THe VGA is excellent. I've been using it for a few days now, picture is much sharper, well worth the money. The only thing is I'm using it on my computer monitor, and it's after messing up my computer display. I can only view the pc desktop in 640 x 480 now, I'm sure it's just a wrong setting though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

THe VGA is excellent. I've been using it for a few days now, picture is much sharper, well worth the money. The only thing is I'm using it on my computer monitor, and it's after messing up my computer display. I can only view the pc desktop in 640 x 480 now, I'm sure it's just a wrong setting though

Have you used the VGA cable with a TV ? What I need to find out is if its better or worse than the supplied component cable.

K-TRIC wrote:
    Have you used the VGA cable with a TV ? What I need to find out is if its better or worse than the supplied component cable.

I don't have a tv with a VGA input. But I wouldn't say there's a world of difference between a flat screen monitor and yer tv. I'd say anything is an improvement over the component cable.

I don't have a tv with a VGA input. But I wouldn't say there's a world of difference between a flat screen monitor and yer tv. I'd say anything is an improvement over the component cable.

Just ordered a Joytech cable from Amazon.co.uk for £20. Where did you get yours ?

Game Dawson St. Just before Christmas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭srdb20

You can get them in xtra vision, I believe the Finglas branch still have some. Got mine on Xmas eve!#

Its sweet on the TFT monitor.

Only proble it doesnt seem to play HALO2 on it says something about my monitor not supporting the display settings!
    Anybody else get this?

srdb20 wrote:
    You can get them in xtra vision, I believe the Finglas branch still have some. Got mine on Xmas eve!#

Only proble it doesnt seem to play HALO2 on it says something about my monitor not supporting the display settings!
    Anybody else get this?

How much did it cost ?

K-TRIC
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by srdb20

Anybody else get this?

How much did it cost ?

30 Euro, but it was Xmas eve and i was stuck so no time to Shop around, sure you can pick them up a bit cheaper if you look around!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭danbhala

srdb20 wrote:

Anybody else get this?

i got that error message too. didnt do anyhting about it tho so dont know what the craic is.

i got that error message too. didnt do anyhting about it tho so dont know what the craic is.

I tried lowering the settings of the TFT all the way down to 640 x 480!

But still the same error, i dont know i guess ill have to try it on the regular telly!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

srdb20 wrote:

Anybody else get this?
    Yep got that on HALO1 but not on HALO2 for some reason, i'm sure it's a emulator issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

I've got the Dell 26' WS TV, what would be the better cable to get, the VGA, or the component?

Anyone know where I can get one of these in Dublin ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Try branches of GAME in the new year, I got one for a friend of mine about a week ago. They're 29.99.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Bluehair

So has anyone compared the vga to component then?

I'm currently using component but having discovered dvd playback seems to suck on the 360 I want to go back to component for my dvd player and use the vga port for the 360.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

go into your Xbox settings and set them to 60Hz and you should be in business.....

srdb20 wrote:

Anybody else get this?

Do you mean the cosole settings and then display settings!

I cant seem to find it there all i have is resolution and format!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

I don't think you have that setting when running it in VGA, but if someone knows where it is please give us the info.

god's toy
    I don't think you have that setting when running it in VGA

Damn foiled again!!!!!!!!

So close and yet still so far!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

Hi

When using the VGA cable, all you can do is select a resolution (there are several to choose from) and the ratio - normal or widescreen. I don't have Halo 2 at hand to try, but I suggest trying different resolutions.

Also, by using the VGA cable - all games, etc will run at 60Hz. This is why the DVD playback is broken, hopefully MS will fix it soon (I'm going to call and complain about it).

- Neil

• Advertisement

I don't have Halo 2 at hand to try, but I suggest trying different resolutions.

Two things:

1. You dont have HALO2 at hand, always always keep a copy near your side!

2. I tried all the resolutions available all the way down to 640 x 480 (The lowest it will allow), the TFT just doesnt want to play HALO2.

Wanders of mumbling about Microsoft sabotaging my copy of HALO2!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

maybe its tryin to save you from the pain, of modding americans, unbalanced weapons, and retarded gametypes that is halo2, and xbox live.

I've found Halo to be over-rated anyway, Both Call of Duty (lag aside) and PD0 have impressed me more over live

Halo & Halo2 are both great games, but not everyone will like everygame!

And hey you cant please everyone.

But...

Today 15:44 by Irish GrumPy
    maybe its tryin to save you from the pain, of modding americans, unbalanced weapons, and retarded gametypes that is halo2, and xbox live.

If only that were true!
    Hope you dont mind but i might use some of your phrases next time i lose on live to some yankee doodle!

Call of Duty (lag aside)

Its sweet!!! The only bad thing is how fast the time flys by when your playing.
    My social life has suffered over the last few weeks!
    PD0

Cant comment on this one yet, i have the special edition at home (played 5 mins of it) but i havent come back to it yet still stuck playing COD2 and Madden 06!

P.s : Before people start slating Madden, Ive been a fan for years and i just had to get it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

halo, best launch game of recent times, halo2 disappointing spam, no skill muck, cod2 excellent, but laggy, pdz, a BAD version of timesplitters, that has aids, anyway back on topic, xtra vision siad they should have vga cables in mid january.

halo, best launch game of recent times, halo2 disappointing spam, no skill muck, cod2 excellent, but laggy, pdz, a BAD version of timesplitters, that has aids, anyway back on topic, xtra vision siad they should have vga cables in mid january.

ha I was just thinking to myself that Joanna's dad in the game looks really like on =e of the lads from Timesplitters :D

Advertisement