Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

xbox online, Help please

• 27-12-2005 10:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭

gotta a query
    At home we have a digiweb satalite connection, which i have been told has a lag on the bandwidth. I have no idea about these things but i do the connection speed 1mgb download.

I have no idea if this can be done but if anyone has anyhelp they can offer it would be greatly appreciated.

Oh, just one thing to remember, i am a disaster when it comes to techie stuff so literally line by line instruction are needed

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 607 ✭✭✭cmb.

nanook wrote:
    gotta a query
    At home we have a digiweb satalite connection, which i have been told has a lag on the bandwidth. I have no idea about these things but i do the connection speed 1mgb download.

I have no idea if this can be done but if anyone has anyhelp they can offer it would be greatly appreciated.

Oh, just one thing to remember, i am a disaster when it comes to techie stuff so literally line by line instruction are needed

thanks

whats your question?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

how to connect to xbox live via satelite ??????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

nanook wrote:
    how to connect to xbox live via satelite ??????

How do you connect your pc to your satellite ??

:rolleyes:.

• Advertisement

nanook wrote:
    gotta a query
    At home we have a digiweb satalite connection, which i have been told has a lag on the bandwidth. I have no idea about these things but i do know the connection speed is 1mgb

i have no idea if this can be donebut if anyone has anyhelp they can offer it would be greatly appreciated.

Oh, just one thing to remember/I am a disaster when it comes to techie stuff so literally line by line insrtructions are needed

Powerhouse, cyncisisim is a virtue for the bregrudgers, if you aint gonna assist then keep your smileys to yourself.

Happy new year

K-TRIC wrote:
    How do you connect your pc to your satellite ??
    w
    wireless router, is the 360 wifi or what hardware is needed to assist this.

would appreciate any help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Well, I was trying to be helpful with my previous post. I'm sure if you can elaborate I might be able to offer some assistance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

does the wireless router have ethernet ports on it?

i'm sure this is how the xbox360 connects as that's how the xbox did.

On your wireless router is there Ethernet on it? If so simply connect the xbox to the router via Ethernet cable or else Buy a Wifi xbox adapter which i think costs about 100euro
    nanook wrote:
    w
    wireless router, is the 360 wifi or what hardware is needed to assist this.

would appreciate any help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

nanook wrote:
    gotta a query

thanks
    can any one explain the above ?

i taught you cant use satalite connection for games?

also nanook are you on sky star ? on digiweb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

On your wireless router is there Ethernet on it? If so simply connect the xbox to the router via Ethernet cable or else Buy a Wifi xbox adapter which i think costs about 100euro

Here is a link to the adapter,
    http://www.play.com/play247.asp?pa=rts&page=title&r=X360&title=719752

€88 inc. delivery.

can any one explain the above ?

i taught you cant use satalite connection for games?

also nanook are you on sky star ? on digiweb

You see this lads, this is what i was talking about. I am sure i read somewhere that you cant access games via digiweb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

yea nanook i have digiweb satellite broadband, you cant game with it, ive tried an abunadant amount of times, its just lags too much in game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

...But he still should be able to use Xbox Live for the downloading of 'Marketplace' stuff. (unless the NAT in his router is to strict or just not compatible)

shortys94 wrote:
    yea nanook i have digiweb satellite broadband, you cant game with it, ive tried an abunadant amount of times, its just lags too much in game
    shorty are you able to download stuff with satalite

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

you can connect xbox to pc via ethernet and use it as a hub

Placebo wrote:
    you can connect xbox to pc via ethernet and use it as a hub
    and what would be the advantage of this be ?

i want to download xbox 360 demos can i use satellite broadband to do this ?

also whats isdn like for xbox live not 64 but 128 ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

headshot, yea id say you could donwload demos, just not play online, as i donwload demos online, etc on pc, so you should be fine, it may just take slightly longer depending on your download speed, i use my satellite modem with a wireless router but i think i may just buy a long cable as i dont want to lose any speed since its slightly slower on some things than normal broadband

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

the lag will be too big for xbox live, you will get kicked offline.

Just imagine with your lag someone will be playing halo2 online and see you, then try to shoot at you, but then its like you have hopped over to the other side of the screen.

Id say you wont even get to this stage as your lag will stop you logging into a match.

• Advertisement
Advertisement