Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CNet Wireless-G Router CWR-854 Issues

• 27-12-2005 11:12am

Alright dudes.
    I got myself the aformentioned router from Komplett last week and it was working fine for the first few days.
    It seems that when I fire up Bittorrent, the router freezes after about two minutes and both my desktop and laptop loose connectivity. Once I reboot it, its fine and both computer will connect again. Is this because router cant handle all the incoming connections? Is there a solution to it? I did a search on the forum and couldnt find anything.
    I didnt bother forwarding any port because there didnt seem to be a need. I was getting the same speeds I would usually get without the router.
    Im running XP pro and Im with Irishbroadband (a perfect connection despite what the masses on boards have to say about them :))
    Apologies if its the wrong forum.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Have you tested using Bittorrent without the wireless router again to confirm that it's the wireless router that's causing the problem?
    Is it only with bittorrent that the issue arises?
    Which Bittorrent client?
    What mode is the wireless router set up? (i.e. Is it acting as bridge?)
    Have you checked for a firmware upgrade for the router?
    What wireless card are you using? (Checked for updates also?)

Ive tested bittorrent without the router and it works fine. It even works fine with the network cable plugged in.
    It seems to be arising only when bittorrent is running, but today the desktop wasnt even picking up a signal whereas yesterday I was getting an "excellent" signal.
    Im using Bitcomet.
    Im using the router as an "internet gateway" if that answers your question.
    Ive checked for firmware upgrades for both the router and wireless cards.
    Any suggestions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

run NetStumbler or Kismet... Change router channel (Even if nothing is detected at the time of running the app.).
    Reasoning: could just be a coincidence & it seems to stretch to a rather more geeral wireless connection issue... interference a possibility..

Advertisement