Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revo - Charger - Blow Up - Uh Oh!

Options
  • 27-12-2005 12:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Hi Lads,

I got my Revo from the states and got a US mains transformer to charge the reciever battery. I got loads of advice on how to get it working and those lads in Maplin know their stuff!! I got a current converter from US to IRE. It was suppose to work fine and did for about 10 seconds until a capacitor blew up in the RX Power Charger. I going to Maplin again to see if I can sorce a new capacitor but I'm still in trouble. How can I charge the battery ????

Regards
    John

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

is it a sealed battery pack ? maybe you can use normal AAbatteries ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 WebDesignCork

Its a 5 cell sealed battery charged through a charging jack on the power switch. Its got a receiver plug connection if that makes sence

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

yeah it makes sense, dude. I'm not very knowledgable on the power differences over here but hopefully if Maplins guys can't sort you out the battery packs and chargers aren't expensive here so just buy a european charger and nicad pack.
    I'd double check it first tho because like I said I'm not knowledgable on those things.
    *edit* you could also buy one of those battery holders that holds batteries individually unlike the sealed type you can easily change batteries. I use that type on my cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭mugenextreme

get a reciever charger in ireland or at the least in europe somewhere , if that US charger is blown bin it chances are u may have wrecked it all togather and it fixing one thing may not be all that is wrong with it which could lead to the batt blowning next.

this is a website for a place in holland with a link to a charger. these will be 2 pin plug because it europe but the voltage is the same.

http://shop.the-border.nl/product.php?productid=19180&cat=55&page=2

• Registered Users Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

The Revo receiver battery pack is a 5 cell (6V) 1100mAh. For a normal charge period of 8-10 h you thus need a charger with input 220-240VDC and output 6-8VDC 120-160mA. The faster you want to charge the higher capacity output you need, i.e. 2h at 650mA approx. It won't be too hard to find a suitable charger, just remember to disconnect it in time since it wont necessarily be a smart charger.

• Advertisement
Advertisement