Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pings

• 27-12-2005 2:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭

sorry but when i play some online games my ping is aroung the 90 mark.i have leap wireless bb 1mb down and 1mb up.so is there any way i can improve my ping.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭vishal

not really, you could turn off any windows programs that run in the backround that might access the internet. if you are sharing your connection with somebody else in the house make sure they aren't using the connection whilst you are.
    is your ping stable?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

I am on leap in noth dublin off 3 rock. My ping is rock steady at 32 ms. When I got it origionally it was around 90 - 120 but they did something with the network (changed the backhaul) and now while 32 is not magic it is rock steady. Contact leap about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭matdabomb

Sorry but dont flam me.
    Andrew just stop Downloading all the music/videos and you might get better pings :D

Regards
    Mat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

sorry but when i play some online games my ping is aroung the 90 mark.i have leap wireless bb 1mb down and 1mb up.so is there any way i can improve my ping.

how many programmes in the background ?

put a few tracert/pings up and we will see where the problem might ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

Pick a better server :p

Irish servers are generally best, UK are next, and after that you're looking at high pings. I use an app called "The All-Seeing Eye" to find servers for CS. I refresh the list of servers, arrange em by ping and select the fastest responding server.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Anarchist

The nice people in Smart turn interleaving off for people that want it ;)

Advertisement