Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Alias and Lost

• 27-12-2005 4:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭

So any relation?

I only been watching alias on sky and net2 repeats but this rimbauldi phrophecy, does it have any similarity with losts answers, are they both scientifically possible? Is the theme of one related to the theme of the other? I mean Im pissed off with lost and can't be bothered spending time trying to figure out what its all about.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I think they are completely and utterly separate, with no crossover whatsoever. I seriously doubt they will introduce any Rambaldi stuff into Lost... thats just insane. Just because JJ Abrams created both shows?

How can you be pissed off with Lost? The last 5 episodes of season 2 (which I assume you are talking about) were very very strong...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

There's no connection other than both like big mysteries. Rambaldi is, so far, unrelated to anything in "Lost" and I expect it to remain that way.

Umm "Alias" features the number 47 heavily, and "Lost" has its lottery numbers but beyond that? Nothing. Besides which, they'd have trouble explaining why Lost's John Locke looks so like Alias' Kendall and the flight's pilot looks like Agent Weiss without going to ridiculous lengths, even given those shows histories...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭David Stewart

There are some crossovers but I think they're supposed to be in-jokes. In one episode of Alias Sid is at LAX and there is announcement for Oceanic Flight 815 to Sydney and at a party in Sid/Nadia's house they're playing "You All Everybody" by Driveshaft.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

ixoy wrote:
    There's no connection other than both like big mysteries. Rambaldi is, so far, unrelated to anything in "Lost" and I expect it to remain that way.

not plot connections I mean themes the creator is trying to explore... which they having been lots more of Alias would give us clues about Lost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭o Fiac

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

not plot connections I mean themes the creator is trying to explore... which they having been lots more of Alias would give us clues about Lost.
    Ah ha, that's different. Well one of the big themes in "Alias" has always been about family - father, mother, and so on. She's got a very close relationship with her father, made turbulent at times by the fact they both live very hectic spy lives. This theme doesn't really translate into "Lost" because they're not really a family in the same sense, although they're bonded together by the same need to survive.

Another one was Sydney's constant struggle with the greater good and fighting evil. When the series starts off, Sydney is working as a double agent. She's infiltrating a group called SD6 who purport to do good for the world but who she knows, deep down, are little more than terrorists trying to undermine world order. She instead feeds back information on them to her CIA contact. This creates a struggle as she goes on missions she knows causes hurt and works, with a friendly forced face, for a boss she despises but in the name of a greater good and a desire for revenge.
    What this boils down to is a struggle with her to keep the greater good in mind, even when it seems some of the actions she must take are evil. I don't really see this theme in "Lost" either - Locke doesn't believe he's doing anything wrong, nor does Jack.

Lost's theme are more about science/faith - themes of belief and the scheme and concepts of a natural order. Whilst "Alias" had a supernaturalesque element in "Rambaldi", it wasn't done in the same vein. I don't really think you'll get any thematic clues from "Alias". Instead enjoy it for the great show that "Alias" is (excluding half of S4, and the first few episodes of S5 bar the last one that's aired).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

I think the crossover is just a few little jokes and sharing some of the cast (as mentioned before, Locke and the Pilot)

I've never really watched Alias, someone gave me the first series on DVD so I might watch it at some point

Plot wise I'd see no connection but JJ Abrams seems to enjoy putting little in-jokes in and using the same sort of plot arc in both

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 485 ✭✭tosh_thedude

ó F&#237 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Spot on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

They also share the main composer, the soundtrack will influence your thoughts on similarities quite a bit too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭SandyVN

No way do they connect... and how could you get pissed off with lost,, im dying for my next fix

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

The number 47 appears in both at least once.

I thought that was a little joke from JJ Abrams. The cheeky git.
    The whole mystery of Rambaldi in Alias was interesting, especially in a spy show, but I felt like they just abandoned it as it might have become more interesting.
    I guess that's why Lost was created.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Whats does 47 have to do with lost?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Anima wrote:
    Whats does 47 have to do with lost?

and what does it have to do with alias?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Wasn't it the room Syd was kept in
    between season 2 and 3
    ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I can't remember. I honestly can't remember ever seeing /hearing the number 47 mentioned in alias. Maybe i should watch it again :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

The number 47 appears all over the shop in Alias, you guys are blind.
    Just watch all the seasons and prove me wrong. (Just Google "Alias 47" and see)

Apparently Rambaldi liked it because it was a prime number, I don't know why, it's not even remotely a high prime.

Advertisement