Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even the skeptics were shocked ...

Options
  • 27-12-2005 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=50598655&postcount=142
    mysteria wrote:
    On the Marian Finucane show in a debate with the skeptics society a few years back I had predicted Bertie Aherne breaking up with Celia Larkin, and said she would go out with someone younger than her (true).Even the skeptics were shcocked by that one.

I sadly can't find any note on the Irish Skeptics website expressing shock, and since the outcome (of the prediction) would not have been known (at the time of the radio program) maybe the shock was just that the prediction was made at all?

Maybe she was just reporting on the fact that she had made a prediction and it came true, however that's hardly enough to shock a skeptic is it?

So which Skeptic was shocked, when and by what?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

By "sceptics" I feel she means "those who says I don't have magic powers".

Really, I've decided not to apoligise and get rid of the paranormal forum ban, because I know the instant I could post again I'd be out to prove that woman as the nonesensical charlatan that she is. Don't be shocked if she keeps spouting half truths and blatant lies.

EDIT: Not to mention egotistical and quite clearly possessing somethig akin to narrcisstic personality disorder, or at least narccisstic compensatory personality type... Ok thats my flamy bit done...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

She clearly mentions the "skeptics society" and there is a link to the radio show in question, so when she says the skeptics were shocked, clearly she means the skeptics representing the Irish Skeptics Society on that day:

Paul O'Donoghue, David Moore of Astronomy Ireland, Brendan Purcell, a philosopher at UCD and Tony Scott from the UCD physics department.

I'm just wondering which one was shocked and why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

I predicted that Britney and Kev-Fed would break up ... where is my money!! ..:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,142 ✭✭✭ISAW

pH wrote:
    She clearly mentions the "skeptics society" and there is a link to the radio show in question, so when she says the skeptics were shocked, clearly she means the skeptics representing the Irish Skeptics Society on that day:

Paul O'Donoghue, David Moore of Astronomy Ireland, Brendan Purcell, a philosopher at UCD and Tony Scott from the UCD physics department.

I'm just wondering which one was shocked and why.

I know three of them personally. I dont think they were shocked bt I could ask. I predict they werent! Shocking isnt it?

Advertisement