Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Funderland.

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭LiamD

First - no I'm not getting paid for positive propaganda.I have worked for Funderland in the past and I liked the job, it's great craic.When you work there you get to know stuff and the owners who I'd still have a chat with today if I saw them.I'm trying to be impartial here, it's not as bad as people make out and I really can't understand why people have prejudices against it.

Second - You can win at the stalls.Obviously the odds are stacked against you but it's still very possible.Anyway, they buy the prices in super bulk so even if someone does win and get a huge teddy the net loss is offset by the people who play and lose.It's no more of a rip-off than the national lottery.Why don't you go and berate them?

Third, Lex, Sensorium is not there this year.Star Flyer is this year's big attraction.Sensorium was awful last year and I'm very glad it's not back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭Innervision

Is Funderland still there or is it gone yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

Anyone know how much it is to get in this year? Price of rides etc...

cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

ian_m wrote: »
    Anyone know how much it is to get in this year? Price of rides etc...

cheers
    Admission is 2 euro and the rides are about 3 euro a pop. Rollercoaster is 4.50 and is definitely not worth it, so don't bother with it. As is the haunted house, absolutely ****ing brutal and a complete waste of money

However, a lot of the rides were really good fun. Went on the first night it was open and apart from ourselves it just seemed to be knackers, pikeys and chinese people, but they all kept to themselves and there wasn't any trouble so it ended up being a fun night out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Daddio wrote: »
    Funderland is ****e. End of.

Spend all your money with nothin to show for it but nausea.
    I said that back in 2005 and it still rings through today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Never have been, never will be. Its reputation for attracting filth is enough. Id say it should be done away with, but Rb has a point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

i was at it...

tbh, couple of birds, couple of knackers...

usual craic...

just dont stay too late or you end up fighting drunk fools ( more fun then it sounds ;) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

I support the "Move Funderland to the Northside" campaign.

;)

yeah but like a scene from pirates of the carribean, the ferrus wheel will get knicked...

can imagine that yoke beenin roled down past swords shoppin center as we speak :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

S.I.R wrote: »
    yeah but like a scene from pirates of the carribean, the ferrus wheel will get knicked...

can imagine that yoke beenin roled down past swords shoppin center as we speak :rolleyes:

Jaysus!! the location figures.

Jaysus!! the location figures.

big whoop, wanna fight abotu it ya big dosey muppet ?

ahh

i love speaking like a northsider.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

I support the "Move Funderland to the Northside" campaign.

;)
    Couldnt you have said North inner city? :-/

You can keep it so ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Zangetsu

I went the other night, twas good craic, the rollercoaster is pretty ****e but the big swingy thing beside it was savage. Nothing much going on inside but its all cheap enough for what your getting so its worth a look. I'll probably go back again to try the rest of the stuff...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

Funderland would be a laugh if it wasn't full of spas. Packs of knackers walking around dressed like the ****ing Michelin man being arseholes.

I have to say though, those rides are the scariest in the world. Your carraige in the rollercoaster could fly off the track at any moment, your chair in those waltzer things could come loose and you'd end up being smashed against the wall. And all that fear and adrelenine for a few euro? Bargain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

LiamD wrote: »
    They did as it happens - free tickets were offered to all aboard.
    so Liam do you work for the RDS or for Funderland?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Originally Posted by Daddio
    Funderland is ****e. End of.

Spend all your money with nothin to show for it but nausea.
    Daddio wrote: »
    I said that back in 2005 and it still rings through today.

I've been blessed and lucky enough to see how others do it in other countries a number of times, and I can't still believe how dire Funderland here is put together. It's desperate.
    That said, when you don't know any different, it not easy to spot the low quality items as easy as you have nothing to compare to.

Funderland is a nightmare waiting to happen and safety is an issue with me more so because I'm a parent.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭The Citizen

My memories of funderland were always joy-filled until the scum took over. The place was full of scum, jumping the queues for the rides, drinking and fighting with the good, decent people. The scum ruined the day for many people (including myself and my family) that day and I never returned any year since then.

That day was one of the early factors that brought me to become, The Citizen.

:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭mental07

Sorchie wrote: »
    my back was killing me from all the banging on the rides
    Ahem! Sorry.

I've never been! Always wanted to go when I was a kid, but now? Meh.

Went there this evening. Roller coaster was great. 4.50 is too expensive though. Didn't come home empty handed. Was good to kill a couple of hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Funderland should be banned. Parking was like, a total focking mare for the Leinster match on Friday...

• Advertisement

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Funderland should be banned. Parking was like, a total focking mare for the Leinster match on Friday...

How about banning Leinster matches?

I got parking right outside.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

Same thing haooened to me.Phone flew ou of my pocket on one ride.some guy was waiting when I got off and handed it back to me

Some great thing happened to me along the lines of that.

In universal In Florida, so old guy (40/50 something) went on, wait for it. The hulk. The big green shít scary coaster.

So just over half way through this ride, his fuppin Blackberry drops out of his pocket. Luckily he wasn't going on the dragon coaster. Thats a coaster with no floor.

So needless to say, at the end of the coaster, thanks to centrifugal force, I kept his blackberry returned it to him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I went to Funderland when I was in the cub scouts about 20 years ago... How time flies! I remember some ghost house and king kong thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 nelly97

Every year, they jack the prices up to see how much they can suck out of the place. They are going to keep doing it until they start to loose cumtomers. The ride cycles are getting shorter for the price. All the rides owned by euroshow fun fair's (Irish owned) are in dire need of a re-vamp.

Especially take off. Funderland is a rip-off but it is the only fair around so people still go to it. It used to be good. Am I impressed? NO! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

New poster, check
    Old thread, check
    Rant, check
    Lock, check

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement