Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

So you spend 4 hrs detailing your car......

Options
  • 27-12-2005 8:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

on Xmas eve. Showroom condition. Wash, followed by clay bar followed by another wash and then the meguiars Treatment. Your paintwork has never looked so good. You are proud of your M3.

Then you come down Xmas day to discover the local seagull population has gotten in the festive spirit and decided to leave you a present.

The car is covered in shyte. I was so astonished I had to take some pictures. They do not properly capture the extent of the damage and therefore the true comedic essence of the situation. To say I was pissed would be an understatement.

It must have been a whole flock. Or an ostrich. One regular bird could not have done this.

I dont know why i bother some times.

IMG_0247.jpg
    IMG_0246.jpg
    IMG_0245.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭SoBe

lol sorry about this but hahahahahaha

couldnt help it...lol

hahahaha

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Turner

More pics of your m3.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

lol lol lol....i can't stop laughin....although I do know how annoying it is....I've got two cats who always seem to trample all over my car the instant i finish washing it...leavin paw marks everywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

fletch wrote:
    lol lol lol....i can't stop laughin....although I do know how annoying it is....I've got two cats who always seem to trample all over my car the instant i finish washing it...leavin paw marks everywhere!

yet another reason i dont want a cat thanks was trying to think of some

i washed my car on sunday . i was very proud of the job id done
    went into work today parked
    looked outside at passanger side of car . was still in perfect condition

went out to lunch walked over to car ... the drivers side looks like it was used for rallying around a bog :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

elexes wrote:
    yet another reason i dont want a cat thanks was trying to think of some

i washed my car on sunday . i was very proud of the job id done
    went into work today parked
    looked outside at passanger side of car . was still in perfect condition

went out to lunch walked over to car ... the drivers side looks like it was used for rallying around a bog :(

which is why i haven't washed my car all winter :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

id crack up if i left it in the state it was in . ive still got to finish the inside and do the boot but it looks a lot better then it did

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭stratos

Just thought I would post this.
    I live in the countryside, when I go to a car wash the car is covered in mud again when I get home about a mile away.
    I often wash it (the car!) myself by hand and can then wax polish it.
    My car however only looks really good when it's wax polished, as it has many swirl and hedge marks.
    I find even the best wax polishes only last about a week or won't survive a second wash.
    However I recently got fed up with car wash brushes damaging my car and the fact everyday it gets covered in a layer of muck.
    I bought a power washer and permanently hooked it up.
    I try to just blow over the car every few days with just the lance, it takes about 5 mins and just takes off the heavy stuff.
    I try to give it a good wash every odd week or when I get time.
    I have noticed though that since I started the rough clean up, the polish is lasting much longer.
    So I don't have to polish it everytime I do a good wash.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

hahah, happened to me a while ago when a cow must of had a dump on my windscreen. if i find the pic I'll post it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

the one thing i hate about washing the car is when it is dry, all the tar marks show up, enough all around the car to fill a pothole. They make the car look like its got the motor equivalent of Acne......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭stratos

I usually remove atr stains with petrol rag.
    However I have tried a clay bar recently, the results were quite good, slow though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

A bit of WD40 on a rag also does the job...

Advertisement