Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Adrian Lewis

• 27-12-2005 8:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

This Lad can Play and i am very impressed with his high average but he wont win it.I fancy Dunbridge to get his act together and maybe Mason or Part to go a long way.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

The rea qualities of Lewis were on show tonight as he beat Priestly 2-4 to go through to the third round. He averages an unbelievable 121 in the first set and 107 in the second but as it has been shown before he can go off the boil a bit and get put off his game. He only averaged in the low 80's in the next 2 sets as Priestly took them. He did get is act together again but Priestly pushed him all the way.

I dont think Lewis will win it, he blows far too hot and cold and will come unstuck when he meets the top players. He faces Scholten in the next round which will be a real test for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭swalsh

I have played against him, not in tournament just messin and he is a serious thrower. he practices with Phil Taylor for christs sake. Nice guy too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭mchurl

Scholten is going to be a tough cookie to crack for him but if he does go through i fancy him to reach the final where he will more than likely meet taylor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭watman

i fancy a Stoke on Trent Final this year - Lewis v Taylor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭garred

He's a cocky little so and so, but a good player. I thought Scholten would take him (my outside tip at the start) he went like a greyhound out of the traps, throwing nicely and then he could'nt hit a treble. Took the wrong option on a 150 checkout (going for the bull) when he did'nt have to and that seemed to get to him as he just collapsed.
    Don't think Lewis will win it, when he went 2 down his inexperience was showing and he was a bit loose with the darts, though he was covering well with the 19/s. Personally I think Scholten gave it to him rather than Lewis winning it although when he got 1 set back he began to throw well. I think Scholten threw 45, 46 and 59 in the one leg:eek: He just could'nt bury Lewis when he had the shovel in his hand.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I agree. I think Scholten lost the game rather than Lewis winning it. Scholten just couldnt hit a treble in the final stages. Lewis's inexperienced showed theough when he got really angry wit himself and started to play poorly but Scholten just couldnt finish him off. Lewis then upped his game, which you have to give him credit for, and finished Scholten off. Fact is Scholten should have won that game but he let it slip.

I now fancy Lewis to beat Manley and then beat the winner of Welding/Jones. They shouldnt pose too much problems. As for meeting taylor in the final that certainly is not a must with Taylor facing two very hard matches to get there.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Macker

Lewis blew it today against Manly ,played well but his age really showed against a more experience player ,I wonder will Manley get away with the bustle ,talking when another player is throwing is not on

Thats true but Lewis was wound up from the start and the ironic thing is in the interview before the match he said that he knew Manley would try mind games but he wasnt going to fall for them. Something tells me you did fall for them there Adrian :D

I agree talking when he is throwing is not on but at that point Lewis had lost it. He has himself to blame because he seems to not be able to keep the head when players purposely play slow or something like that. He has the darting ability but lacks the mental strength at the moment.

Advertisement