Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

.....whats the catch?!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Parts for those bigger cars/trucks tend to cost a lot, I spoke to the guy out in BoyZ toys in santry and the car they had there had tyres that cosr in the region of 100 euro each

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭mugenextreme

Looks kinda like a FG 1/5. Run on unleaded not nitro, in most cases are only rear wheel drive. Seen them go and i am not impressed but some guys love them. each to their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

surely there is something totally different about this truck i am missing as to why it isnt common here...

Personally I would have to say price. (At £550 you could buy 2 T-Maxxes.)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Looks very like the Carson Attack as well ....

Advantages of gasoline engines...
    Cheap fuel
    abt 40 minutes per tank ...leave the engine idling while you have your sandwiches, then rev up and off again for more.
    bigger displacement = less finicky to tune
    1/5 or 1/6 th scale = far thicker metal in parts, tougher overall

Disadvantages....
    More expensive than glowfuel
    Less torque from gas engine unless engine is bigger, so model has to be much heavier
    Spark ignition can play havok with cheap radio gear, esp the cheaper receivers, so FM (not AM) RC is a good idea
    Powerful enough to be dangerous, failsafe required on throttle, ...but you already have a failsafe anyway haven't you ? :p
    Too heavy to carry about by hand :( , more like a small kart, rather than a much more portable nitro model.
    Needs really good servos, the cheap servos break - lifespan of minutes for the "Tec" crud.

BTW € 100 per tyre sounds excessively steep IMHO... based on the 23cc ATTACK (which I'm familiar with) - that money would cover a full set of 4 complete with wheels pre-fitted and some change back out of your €100 too.

Whether you like them ... depends on what you like to do with it - this size gasoline buggy would be more at home in a ploughed field than any glow engine model I have seen so far.

Mugenextreme is right - glowfuel is more lively esp size for size (no contest glow beats gas) , but a big gas buggy is more powerful due to increased size and weight (and having spent 20% more on it too :p )

• Registered Users Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Due to the size of that thing you prolly need a special drivers license as well!;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

^:D ^ it qould be fun too drive for free...:v:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

I knew a farmer once who used a large scale buggy as a scarecrow. He had some prize plants that needed special protection, and he could start the buggy and from his workplace sent it down the driveway, under the gate, up the road, and under the other gate into the field, where by sight at distance he would chase away the crows, and bring it back home again.
    He told me his Attack was much more fun than normal scarecrows or "bangers".

lol

should have gotten a plane or chopper and gone after them really scare the crap out of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

hee good idea and fun sticking a ver loud but incredbly light speaker on with thigy for a wirless microphone and then he can yell at the microphine while car amplfys it ;-/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭no leaf clover

coolwings wrote:
    Looks very like the Carson Attack as well ....
    failsafe required on throttle, ...but you already have a failsafe anyway haven't you ? :p
    )

no!! will pick up with savage!! wow lots of ups and downs,

mugenextreme should have gotten a plane or chopper and gone after them really scare the crap out of them.
    29-12-2005 19:34

have seen this done to the dear in the phoenix park years ago!!! sadistic.....but funny!!

yeh personally i'd rather 2 t maxxs....havent driven one yet but anyway..

Advertisement