Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who will be NBA champs 05/06

• 27-12-2005 9:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 645 ✭✭✭

Who?

Who will be NBA champs 05/06 12 votes

San Antonio Spurs
    0% 0 votes
    Detroit Pistons
    16% 2 votes
    Dallas Mavericks
    41% 5 votes
    Cleveland Cavaliers
    16% 2 votes
    LA Clippers
    8% 1 vote
    Phoenix Suns
    0% 0 votes
    Memphis Grizzlies
    0% 0 votes
    Miami Heat
    0% 0 votes
    Indiana Pacers
    16% 2 votes
    Other (say who in the thread)
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

Okay, I don't really think it'll be the mavs, but I hope it will. I'd say they're worse this year than last year, though. Last year, they were probably fourth best in the league, but they've slipped a little.

I guess I really think it'll be the spurs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 562 ✭✭✭ro2

I'd say it'll be Detroit v San Antonio again in the finals. Detroit to win it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭phil

If San Antonio don't have injury problems, it's hard to look past them. I'd love to see the Suns and Steve Nash do it, but they're still too weak in the post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭hardwoodhero

Id liek to see steve nash and the suns win especially that Pat Burke is playing there now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

The spurs will get it again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭phil

Pat missed an excellent chance to impress against the Knicks in the new year. d'Antoni gave him a good run at the end of the game (he got about 13 minutes) which went to triple overtime. At the end of the second overtime, he missed a baseline jumper to win the match. He fouled out in third overtime and the Knicks went on to win, which was a fairly big shock.

Burke has a chance to prove himself at the Suns because their bench is not that deep. He didn't feature against the Spurs (a pretty high profile match that the Suns won), which would, to me, suggest that when playoff time comes around, he won't feature in crunch games unless d'Antoni's hand is forced.

Advertisement