Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gym in Dundalk?

• 27-12-2005 9:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭

Hi,

Anyone know of a good (& Cheap!) Gym in Dundalk, preferably in city centre or on Dublin Rd.????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

The Gym(Avenue Gym) beside the Dundalk shopping centre it is about €5 each time you go. Only go there when im with my school. They have very old stuff in there like the weights have tipex on them saying how heavy they are but they are. They are getting a new place so they might update all there equipment.

Swimming pool this is where I like to go, Have all new equipment tv screens in the treadmills ect. €6 for the gym €7 for the gym and a swim.

Felda - Dont go here my self but have friends who go here. It is meant to be very good about €500 for a year. Only open about 2 years but it has swimming pool.

Park Inn - Dont know anything about this but I signed up for the 6 weeks for €1 when it opened but I never went.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭falipo

feldas meant to be class from wat i hear nut theres tat 1 round the avenue road as well try there besides jones shop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

I'm a member of felda, and yeah its top class alright, why not drop in and ask to get shown around.

It's located beside the fairways on Dublin road - www.felda.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 16 morobar

I joined Felda back in March and it is a great gym, lots of facilities, top of the range etc.... but I stopped going about two months ago and so it has ended up being a waste of money. JJB is good because you can sign up for 3 months and tailor your membership to certain times during the day so it can work out cheaper. Felda is better for equipment but 550 Euro is alot to give up in one go, or you could pay the 15Euro a visit fee, or the 700Euro direct debit.... If you are planning on sticking to the gym and going maybe 3/4 times a week, go to Felda...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Guv

Having looked at the felda website, I would say JJB is on the whole better. Felda has a bigger pool but JJB is a good bit ahead on the rest imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

I've got friends in JJB, who said that their are a lot of posers around, and often have to wait to use some machines.

I've not come across either in Felda, on the whole i've never heard anyone say anything bad about Felda.

My advise, drop into both, see what suits you more, you should get a wee tour round felda.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭nollaig

IS Felda within walking distance from Dundalk town centre??

I'm living just on the town side of DKIT and have no transport to get to a gym, only my legs:) so It would have to be pretty near!!!!!!1

go to the avenue road gym than

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭Guv

I've been in JJB's for about 2 months now and have trained at all times of the day and night. Never had to wait for a bench or machine. Have worked in with people as is normal. Never seen what I would call posers.

Seems like a down to earth place to me, army lads, housewives, business types, retired folk, students all train there.

Just my view.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Nickibaby*

I'm a member of felda's and I wouldn't go anywhere else, great gym and lovely friendly staff

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

From the town side of the DKIT it would be a good 20 minute walk to Felda

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Heh Gringo

jjb is the best bet, been going there since it opened and it ranges from average joe to people who are really into the gym thing but no real possers, dont know what the other boy is on about. if your by the college it's the colsest and best choice. a load of lads from the college go there and there is always a bit of crack. i've been to most of the gyms in town and in my opinion its the best all round for facilities and a bit of a laugh, the peole are cool and the sauna,jacuzzi is deadly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 halz

Go to the gym down at the swimming pool! it's 6 euro for the gym and pool, and it's really nice! i went there before i came over to washington

i joined the gym on the avenue road last week i like it nc staff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

I use the gym byt the swimming pool just out of handyness i must admit , there is a lot of good things about it but also a lot of downsides about this gym and the way it is run.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Henry42

JJB is excellent. Not sure if you'd consider it cheap. €40 a month I think, plus joining fee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Shane190

I joined JJB last week. 117euro for 3 months with the rest of January free. It seems like a good gym, nice facilities etc,

• Registered Users Posts: 10 icom102

How much is the JJB for the year do they have a web site i have not been to a gym yet i am fet up been chubby and want to get fit and trim

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭europerson

What an interesting sequence of spam and advertising! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 tite

europerson wrote: »
    What an interesting sequence of spam and advertising! :mad:

I was under the impression I was responding to a question.... is that now spam and advertising?

Should I be getting a commission???

TP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 icom102

Where on the dublin road is Felda??

OK, maybe I'm wrong, but there is an interesting trend here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 tite

OK, maybe I'm wrong, but there is an interesting trend here.

It was a thread about GYMS IN DUNDALK - so people are responding with their own experiences...

Should we not have manetioned the names maybe?? But then how would others know which gyms we were talking about??

I suppose it would be the public gym, the posh gym, the chav's gym and the gym which looks like its closed half the time??

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Vivi13

icom102 wrote: »
    Where on the dublin road is Felda??

Felda is where the Old Golf Links Road meets the Dublin Road - its also next door to the Fairways Hotel - Opposite Flannagans Esso Garage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

personally interested in finding out about the gyms in dundalk and find this thread very helpfull, all the gyms are represented so no one gym is advertising or anything like that, its good to read about different peoples opinions on the gyms.

Oh come on! In my opinion, the thread was useful up to and including post #19. Then, three users, all with similar styles of posting (note putting titles on each post), all new users signed up on the day in question, all with low post counts, all post positive reviews of Felda. That's more than a little suspicious for me to accept as coincidence.

And there's a similar incidence here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Oh come on! In my opinion, the thread was useful up to and including post #19. Then, three users, all with similar styles of posting (note putting titles on each post), all new users signed up on the day in question, all with low post counts, all post positive reviews of Felda. That's more than a little suspicious for me to accept as coincidence.

well spotted! you should be a mod!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Alt-Health-Ire

Posts 17 & 18 are blatant advertising of rates offered by a gym...

Is it not allowed to post on 2 boards in relation to the same topic?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Well spotted indeed Europerson. Posts have been deleted.

Advertisement