Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gym in Dundalk?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Larryola

Does any1 know how much a membership is in the avenue gym?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

JJB is €360 for anytime day or night membership for twelve months, €1 a day.

This offer is being reviewed at the end of this month so it could end.

Only catch is you pay up the full price - no monthly direct debits.

http://www.gymlockr.ie/jjb-fitness-dundalk

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Bishy

Yo

Just joined up at the Aura gym.

Upside:

• Its actually really bright and airy (all of one side is windows, which is a lot better than the JJB or Felda, which are windowless).
    • The windows and doors were open, it was sunny outside, and a cool breeze was blowing through. Perfect for fitness stuff.
    • There was plenty of free cross trainers, treadmills and bikes.

Downside:
    • Free weights, and space to use them (either standing or on benches) is quite limited.
    • There is naff all space for doing stretching or pressups, one just has to be creative and find a quiet spot.
    • Changing rooms leave a lot to be desired (very 'I see naked people')

• Registered Users Posts: 42 arnold72

For the person who wants to take training for sports and general health I`d pick the gym avenue road, Personal trainer Barry Martin strenght and conditioning coach trains there himself but takes clients there too. I ve seen first hand the transformation of people he`s taken...every so often you meet people who are on top of their game this time its him..He can take you in the gym and then you could pick whatever gym you wanted to complete your program...

For facilities Felda and JJb well ahead there ..and for value for membership..37.50 a month in felda...gym avenue rd 50 euro...no pool or classes...Aura well its very limited with equipment...small changing areas...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Im going to give this a bump here , Im really thinking of joining the educo gym for the 12 days where it cost approx 200euro ... Can i have peoples feed back for this please.

• Advertisement

Hi Sarge,
    I know people who have gone to Educo and have seen results after the 12 weeks....basicilly very strict diet( bit controversal too high in fats to start ) to start and then and super sets workout ...whether in Educo or any Gym you would get results because you have gone from one extreme to the other...this approach will shock the body into shedding the initial pounds...but what about after that?...Educo is very much immersed in Tony Quinn and after that youll be asked to go to seminars(expensive) its the hook to suck you in...
    My preference for people interested in real training is the GYM avenue rd..Yes I am biased I wont apologise...but i`ve done them all and heres the benifitsnotravelling from one machine to free weights 10 metres away (felda)..One and one with instructors its a family business..first names and your valued ... who know what they are doing...strength and conditioning is the way to go.. Most of the clients are all doing same thing and thereis a good buzz they are there to train ,not hit the sauna steamroom, jacuzzi,,,(FELDA,JJB )
    ALso Barry Martin is available therefor assesments and the workout you get will be gauranteed to work and wont be anything near 200 euro...very cheap ...:)
    Its up to you....gyms are for training not watching tvs and sitting in jacuzzis...:pac:

Actually i didnt rush in and make my decision , i have researched it with some friends and decided to join Aura , and instead of going the educo gym im going to do a few sessions with Barry Martin in the next week or two my friend HIGHLY recommends him. Ill let everyone know how i get on and will be telling people my HONEST answer.

GOOD CHOICE SRAGE.. YOU WANT YOUR RESULTS SO YOU GO WITH BARRY AND YOU HAVE A POOL AS WELL IN THE BARGAIN,,,NEED VALUE FOR MONEY TO...LET US KNOW HOW YOU GET ON ,,,CHEERS

arnold72 wrote: »
    GOOD CHOICE SRAGE.. YOU WANT YOUR RESULTS SO YOU GO WITH BARRY AND YOU HAVE A POOL AS WELL IN THE BARGAIN,,,NEED VALUE FOR MONEY TO...LET US KNOW HOW YOU GET ON ,,,CHEERS

haha Are you Barry ?

lol no Im afraid not if i was I`D be plugging myself a bit more...but Ive seen first hand the results...its an educated and experienced opinion...the proof will be your results...I`d go as far to say I`d pay for your consultation if you didnt get results im that confident :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

Just wanted to bump this, to get some information as to what the best gym was around Dundalk.

More interested in one with a swimming pool than without.

Can anyone tell me how big the swimming pool is in JJB?
    Or if there are extra costs incurred for using the pool at Felda or JJB?

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Larryola

The pool in JJB is 18meters as far as I know, and there aren't any extra costs for using it.

here's a link to a profile of JJB on gymlocker:

http://www.gymlockr.ie/jjb-fitness-dundalk

I don't know about Felda but I don't think there'd be an extra cost for using the pool.

Advertisement