Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will they accept it?

Options
  • 27-12-2005 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭

I got an iPod Nano for Christmas and while caught up in the aura of the day I ripped it open before looking at the box. I took off the screen guard and opened the satchel that contains the headphones. It was only when my brother showed me I realised my mam had got me the wrong one. See, I got an iPod Mini last Christmas and I have 818 songs on my iTunes library already.

Anyway,the problem is that my mam only got the 2GB(500 songs) Nano which is useless to me. So I was just wondering could if I bring it back and pay the remaining sum on a 4GB Nano and give back the 2GB Nano?

I haven't damaged the Nano or handled it and the only things I've done is taken off the wrapper,removed the screenguard and opened the container for the head phones. Do I have any chance? Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,038 ✭✭✭penexpers

Sweet wrote:
    I got an iPod Nano for Christmas and while caught up in the aura of the day I ripped it open before looking at the box. I took off the screen guard and opened the satchel that contains the headphones. It was only when my brother showed me I realised my mam had got me the wrong one. See, I got an iPod Mini last Christmas and I have 818 songs on my iTunes library already.

Anyway,the problem is that my mam only got the 2GB(500 songs) Nano which is useless to me. So I was just wondering could if I bring it back and pay the remaining sum on a 4GB Nano and give back the 2GB Nano?

I haven't damaged the Nano or handled it and the only things I've done is taken off the wrapper,removed the screenguard and opened the container for the head phones. Do I have any chance? Thanks.

It's at the discretion of the shop and I suspect possibly not. Taking off the screen guard was a mistake.

Why is a 2GB model useless to you anyway? You know you can get iTunes to sync a playlist only? I use that and it works fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

penexpers wrote:
    Why is a 2GB model useless to you anyway? You know you can get iTunes to sync a playlist only? I use that and it works fine.

i think he was referring to the fact that he wanted a larger HD more then anything else

you could give it a go. if all else fails, break it and ask for your money back :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

I never thought of that. Thats actually a super idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Don't actually break it, jebus, just say you can't get it working or something, don't sabotage the thing.

Just go in and ask would you be able to change it and if they say yeah ask "actually, could I get the 4gig one instead and pay the extra"

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Sweet wrote:
    I never thought of that. Thats actually a super idea.

its also fraud...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Where did you buy it?

O2 in [kip]Navan.[/kip]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

Give it a go. And if all else fails, return it to say, Argos... we've been taking back stuff without reciepts after christmas...
    You didn't hear that from me!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

snappie, are argos having a sale any time soon? :) Any opinion on that 40GB mp3 player for €150, is it a pile o poo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Firesuite

I bought an iPod Mini in an Apple store in the US and had it open and plugged in and stuff, then decided I wanted a nano instead.

When I brought it back I was charged a restocking fee of $20 I think, I figure it'll work pretty much the same way here.

• Advertisement

Nah, they wouldn't take it back. What should I do now?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Advertisement