Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laser / Searchlight on northside

Options
  • 27-12-2005 10:50pm
    Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭

Where is the laser / searchlight coming from on the northside ? Is it part of Cork2005...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Cant see anything?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Chad ghostal

i know there's a searchlight on top of/near dunnes in blackpool.. but i don't know if it's the one you're seeing..

i don't think the light in blackpool has anything to do with cork 2005,
    probably just to promote the shopping area..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

Yeah I've been seeing this for over a week now from Douglas. It seems to go straight up in to the air, and I can see where it hits the clouds.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

You can see it from the docks in the city...I thought it might be someone trying and failing to summon Batman, or perhaps just confuse passing planes...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

plazzTT wrote:
    Yeah I've been seeing this for over a week now from Douglas. It seems to go straight up in to the air, and I can see where it hits the clouds.

that's from rochestown park hotel afaik, light pollution imo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

No, it's different from the Rochestown Park Hotel ones. They have a number of spotlights that move around in a circle.

This one just goes straight up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 lexington

Cork - the new Gotham City? All I'm waiting for now is a Batman logo in the centre of the searchlight.

The 1km range white search-light is being backed by the Shipton Group and is located at it's Blackpool S.C. premises. I think it looks rather good.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Ah the mystery solved - coming from the North Side. Its a nice idea to be fair.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

yeah, saw it from dillios cross christmas nite

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭solice

You could see it from all over the city, its coming from the back of the blackpool shopping centre, between the shopping centre and the village, where deliveries are taken.

Think it looks cool to be honest. Thought there was an air raid the first time i saw it

Advertisement