Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CSI Night

• 27-12-2005 11:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭

Just saw an ad for "CSI Night" on RTE 2 this Friday. An old episode of Miami and New York are on. But also on is the Tarantino directed 2 hour season 5 finale. Correct me if I'm wrong,but I thought RTE hadn't even started to show Season 5 of CSI vegas. I have been watching it on Living Tv,but its typical RTE to show the season finale of a season they havn't even shown yet. :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭TT&TO

yes, indeed. rte guide has it:
    9pm csi: miami
    9.50 csi: tarantino (this is now available in the sale on play.com BTW)
    11.25 csi: ny

enjoy, though i only like the original...spin offs only really worked for the law and order series

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 335 ✭✭irishcsifan

tvnutz wrote:
    Just saw an ad for "CSI Night" on RTE 2 this Friday. An old episode of Miami and New York are on. But also on is the Tarantino directed 2 hour season 5 finale. Correct me if I'm wrong,but I thought RTE hadn't even started to show Season 5 of CSI vegas. I have been watching it on Living Tv,but its typical RTE to show the season finale of a season they havn't even shown yet. :confused:
    i know what you mean about them showing the grave danger eppy first. rte can be stupid at time but a least the're finally showing csi las vegas which hasn't been shown since march. i have seen season six though it very very good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Well Ive seen most of season 5 on Living TV so I dont mind,Ill watch the finale,which is what I really want to see. Vegas is not my favourite,I actually prefer Miami and NY.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,521 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Did RTE ever finish showing season 4 of Vegas? Don't think so and now they're going to show this...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I dont think rte ever showed the remainder of the Las Vegas series that was on last spring, now they're showing Season 6 finale??? WTF??? Is there any end to their incompetence:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

Nightwish wrote:
    I dont think rte ever showed the remainder of the Las Vegas series that was on last spring, now they're showing Season 6 finale??? WTF??? Is there any end to their incompetence:rolleyes:
    They have to try and compete with the fact that it's on sale in the shops already, people may buy it before RTE ever get to the episode if shown in filming order, so they have to jump the special ahead or it's not worth the money paid on it.

can't wait for it, it's true that absence makes the heart grow fonder, since having it back on living i've been watching LV like a hawk, evern though i was never that fussed before, Ny is my favourite followed by Miami

Ny is my favourite followed by Miami

I think Gary Sinise makes that show,he is such a great actor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭lukin

Ah come on lads who's complaining!I've been dying to see this double episode since I read a piece in the Sunday Times about it a few months back.
    It should be great!

tvnutz wrote:
    I think Gary Sinise makes that show,he is such a great actor.
    absolutelly, much like peterson in LV and carusso in Miami, a strong lead is a typical charecteristic in the CSI's, but sinese just has something that fits the NY series so perfectly, great casting call.

lukin wrote:
    Ah come on lads who's complaining!I've been dying to see this double episode since I read a piece in the Sunday Times about it a few months back.
    It should be great!
    have any of ye seen this eppy. its briliant. well worth watching

• Advertisement

Ye it was very very good. Usually I find Vegas fairly boring,but this episode had me hooked all the way through. I guess all they needed was Tarantino to liven it up a bit :)

on the break from NY at the mo, four class episodes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Atrocity

yeah, it was good. I didn't like the dream sequence bit near the end though, where the guys in the morgue are cutting him open. That was Tarantino overload right there. I cringed a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

what a fantastic episode (the tarantino episode) I thought i was excellent...tarantino overload as usual but hey it was amazing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

CSI night, hell, that's seemingly every night on RTÉ isn't it?. Any time I switch over to bogger 1 and 2, Horatio's craggy face from CSI:Miami is looking back at me through his bus driver sunglasses..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

The Tarabtino ep was great

the scene in the morgue being probably the best

The Tarabtino ep was great

the scene in the morgue being probably the best
    What i liked about the tarantino episode is it was so well written, with one of the csi being kidnapped it felt a little more personal, one of your favourite characters rather than some run of the mill extra who's killed in the first 5 minutes. good job and i have to say massive respect to George eads for the ants scene, i know they probably weren't ants and that there were one or two cg scenes but some of those scenes looked very real to me. liked the ending too, it was a real "up yours" to the bitch in prison. he wasn't going to play her game, he rose above it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

The two part season end is pretty good but it finally gives the end to a ongoing story throughout the season so good job on RTE ruining that!
    Nice to know the TV license fee ensures they do a great job.

I saw this ep just after it aired in the states. :v:

can i ask question? how many people (myself included) dislike rte? i just love to know this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

can i ask question? how many people (myself included) dislike rte? i just love to know this.
    Me for sure, I'm thinking of sending hatemal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

I thought you were in London?

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I do too, I sent them numerous complaints about scheduling and the like and I never got anything back

Laguna wrote:
    Me for sure, I'm thinking of sending hatemal.
    anyone else? okay how many time has rte dissapointed you(me i lost count)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Scobie

Laguna wrote:
    CSI night, hell, that's seemingly every night on RTÉ isn't it?. Any time I switch over to bogger 1 and 2, Horatio's craggy face from CSI:Miami is looking back at me through his bus driver sunglasses..

TWAT!

George Eads did do a great job in this episode. His perfomance made you hope you never get buried alive :p

Advertisement