Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Removing Blaupunkt radio

Options
  • 28-12-2005 12:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭

I got a new radio for my car, I went to install it but realised I needed a special tool to remove the old one. Its a blaupunkt radio and it has 4 small holes on the side in the frame. from what I understand theres a tool I need to put into these holes to remove the frame. anyone know where I might find this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭fletch

Halfords sell them for €5.99

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Cucullan

You could use a cut up clothes hanger, thats what I used but it is more awkward and will probably damage the holes a small bit when you go to pull out the radio, but it will work.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Eurorunner

I took out a Blaupunkt last week. Used four small screwdrivers. Like cucullan, I have also used clothes hangers previously for extracting another radio. You dont have as much control over them and the rough ends will damage the fascia if your not careful with them.

Whatever you use, the trick is to push outwards on each side and pull back at the same time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭stratos

You can also use 4 masonary nails get ones slightly thicker than a hangar works fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭chalky

I used a hanger (Halfords had none of the rods).
    Then 1/2 an hour later my dad called me and told me he got a set of them:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement