Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iTunes Alternative

Options
  • 28-12-2005 12:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    My friend is having trouble with iTunes and I hear there are better alternatives out there anyway. It's for a 60GB Video iPod. Also, is there any drag and drop program you can get to put music onto it? And what's the best video converter out there too?

Any feedback appreciated:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

hmm, whenever i'm asked about itunes alternatives i immedialately use Winamp with the ipod plugin.

it uses the winamp media library. maybe i suggest this as i'm a winamp user at heart but it's far better than itunes.

also try out ephpod (think i spelt it right).

now wouldn't you wish you could of said "why the feck didn't you get a mp3 player with drag and drop facility". lol but this way you can charge

• Registered Users Posts: 43,926 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I used M4A Converter for converting for a Video iPod.

Google for it and read up the tutorial for it on VideoHelp.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

oops didn't see it was a video ipod, i don't know if winamp plus the ipod plugin does video, but it works magically for music

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭amby666

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

thanks everyone:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

anapod explorer is quite snazzy. damn thing screws up the ml_ipod plugin for winamp though, so i ended up having to uninstall that:(

it's not quite as handy as being able to drag files from your winamp media library across, the explorer drag and drop interface is kind of cool though (very similar to the creative zen interface)
    and it automatically transcodes unsupported filetypes for you (something that i could never get working with the winamp plugin)

so i'd advise to check out ml_ipod for winamp first, then anapod if that doesn't suit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭cartman

anapod explorer is the best by a long way, Its a matter of copying and pasting your music over, it also renames the tags to fit..

Advertisement