Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog and cat consumption

Options
  • 28-12-2005 1:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭

I recently came across a page called www.animalsasia.org and I thought they are doing a great job. I then followed the story up a bit and did a special on animal cruelty for the radio station I work for.

One can read it under: www.interviewsmittj.blogspot.com

It is not so much the consumption of cats and dogs that annoyed me when I read about it, it is more the WHY they do it and the HOW they kill the animals.

Tell me what you think of it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

that is sickening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Aimee_gleeson

I recently came across a page called www.animalsasia.org

That is one horrible website, the pic of the dogs hanging there is just sick!! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

That is sickening. Those poor creatures. The innocence of animals, they don't even know what's going on.

Nice website, nice to always see people dedicating everything to help injustices like the above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

I couldn't even look at it but I can imagine the horrors that are there, I can't understand how people can be so cruel.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Soupi

i was nearly reading that thinking of my two loyal companions at home. it's very sad to think that people aren't aware of how brilliant dogs and cats are (although i'm a dog lover myself) and haven't had the chance to see how much a dog can do for you. i'd be lost without my dogs and would never find myself without one. i've grown up with dogs and they always surprise me how sensitive and intelligent they are.i could never invisage hurting them, or any other animal for that matter. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭tj-music.com

The interviews finally go out on air on
    SUNDAY, 8th January between 5p.m. and 6.30p.m on NEAR FM´s "Global Solidarity" show

If you don´t get us on your radio (101,6FM) try the LIVE STREAMING option on the website: www.nearfm.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Soupi

i'll put that in my diary,do they have anyone working from ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 981 ✭✭✭tj-music.com

Soupi wrote:
    i'll put that in my diary,do they have anyone working from ireland?

No, but they told me to keep me posted as they plan to bring someone over to the UK in 2006 and I promissed to help with finding a venue so that they can set up talks.

The guy I spoke to actually said someone interested in setting up something in Ireland should contact him.

See www.interviewsmittj.blogspot.com and scroll down to "Two interviews about animal cruelty" for his contact details

Advertisement