Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Att: Tekken Fans

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 164 ✭✭PiZaRR-0

So what u think?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,407 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Tekken sucks :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

No, YOU suck! :rolleyes:
    But yea, tekken5 ftw, there has been a tekken thread here before, search should turn it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭liamskater

Tekken 2 is the best by far

Tekken 2 is the best by far

?????????????????

Does anyone actually play tekken?

• Advertisement

I play Tekken5 a lot. Pretty good with King and Feng, and know the basics of Law and Brian, can maul my way through ultra hard no bother with any of them.

Come into quirkies and play!!!!! Never mind playin the computer. Think myself and few others are meetin tomorrow at around six there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

not so bad pizarro, tbh tho if u want to make some cool vids like that dont do them in training mode (as i think u were with the health returning). try get some live footage of ya's playing.

also some of the clips had this wierd darkness at the top of the screen. wat was that? is it just the backgrounds conflicting with the style of footage??

pretty good for a first attempt tho. keep em coming

PiZaRR-0 wrote:
    Come into quirkies and play!!!!! Never mind playin the computer. Think myself and few others are meetin tomorrow at around six there.
    Yea good luck, I live in fermanagh, ie: 90 odd miles from Dublin.

not so bad pizarro, tbh tho if u want to make some cool vids like that dont do them in training mode (as i think u were with the health returning). try get some live footage of ya's playing.

also some of the clips had this wierd darkness at the top of the screen. wat was that? is it just the backgrounds conflicting with the style of footage??

pretty good for a first attempt tho. keep em coming

Cheers. It was just a combo vid, showing some juggles/wall stuff, the baek stuff is good, but all the nice brian stuff got buggered durin encodin, so only some stuff is there. I was usin a video-camera on a tv, which is why in some places the video is a bit dodgy. It would be great to get some match vids up, but bringin a vid camera into an arcade is a bit dodgy, and id look like a weirdo.

Im tryin to get a video capture card, but apparently i can run my ps2 through my pc using a quite cheap pinnacle systems tv card. Ive read people have used one with Dscaler to run a ps2 with little or no lag. That would be very handy, and also improve the vid quality.

I should have match vids up next week if all goes to plan.

• Advertisement

Heres another vid I just made. Its similar to the first only better juggles, better quality.

This is the high res version 39 megs

http://s60.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3QPFMQMR72UT62K5WU42VRNNSF

This is the low res version 12 megs

http://s37.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3LE0QEOJAUYZD3RD1M308AXU8T

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭hyungsup

It was cool
    But the speed of the gameplay seems a bit slow....
    Havn't been watching any combo vids for ages!!
    PiZaRR-0 wrote:
    Heres another vid I just made. Its similar to the first only better juggles, better quality.

This is the high res version 39 megs

http://s60.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3QPFMQMR72UT62K5WU42VRNNSF

This is the low res version 12 megs

http://s37.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3LE0QEOJAUYZD3RD1M308AXU8T

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

wow I really like your combos! nice job! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

yeah cool stuff pizarro, big improvement over the first vid, well done.
    the baek combos seem alot cooler then pauls... but then i suppose i know f-all about tekken.
    would still love to see some live playing against ppl tho!

wow I really like your combos! nice job!

Cheers
    yeah cool stuff pizarro, big improvement over the first vid, well done.
    the baek combos seem alot cooler then pauls... but then i suppose i know f-all about tekken.
    would still love to see some live playing against ppl tho!

Me too, but it dodgy bringin a vid cam into the arcade. We'll probably organise somethin, at someones house, then record matches then.

The baek stuff on the vid is great i have to admit. Lots of flamingo cancelling,
    It was cool
    But the speed of the gameplay seems a bit slow....
    Havn't been watching any combo vids for ages!!

Ur f***ing slow!!!! hahahaha!! Anyway what would u know about tekken???
    hahaha! Only messin! It would to get a few vids up, with other characters, i can do some nice juggle with other characters, but not on the same level as baek's. Im gonna learn hworang properly. Maybe then make another vid with him and bruce.

King actually has some really nice juggles, but some of them are simply insane to do, you can get a good list of the main ones at the Zaibatsu, here:
    http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=54

King actually has some really nice juggles, but some of them are simply insane to do, you can get a good list of the main ones at the Zaibatsu, here:

Yeah zaibatsu is home for most tekken heads, i havent posted on it in years though(2000), think my username is 007, good combo vids too, the forums are also good. The tekken ftp is the best resource though for match vids and stuff, those are what help you improve imo. Check out a Korean guy called Knee, hes f*ckin amazin with bryan, lots of tauntin, hits f,b+2 a LOT. Other guys to check Leedy, MadDogJin, Holeman, theres lots of them. The Koreans are savage, except for Hyungsup, he sucks, only messin! If bryan gets you to a wall its game over, he has a savage wall game. Theres a guy in quirkies that works there is usin king now, but his law is better.

TBH, Kings juggles have always been pretty ****, but some of his t5 ones are nice. Some of hworangs juggles have massive damage, ~80+, off simple launchers too. Lee in TTT was the nastiest person to do juggles with, some of his stuff was impossible. Lots of cc stuff ( while standing cancel). I think its easier in t5 to do cc stuff, e.g. in my vid i do with bryan d/f+3,cc,taunt into wall. also, d/f+3,cc,taunt,taunt,f+1+4. Check out zaibatsu's demon darkness vid, some savage Mishima stuff. 6 EWGF's with kaz!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭liamskater

PiZaRR-0 wrote:
    ?????????????????

Does anyone actually play tekken?

huh? Mr know it all eh? I play tekken 2 i prefer it to the rest of em

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭batman_oh

get some match vids up!
    tekken 2 is poor, was good in 1996, soon as t3 came out tho it became a nothing, u can press bb infintely and never be hit!
    t5 is good, its cheap, ttt owns(not that scaldy PAL garbage either)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I'm having a big problem deciding between T5 & VF4:Evo time-wise lately ;)
    And learning how to EWGF proper -- can't get more than 3 w/Kazuya ATM, and no juggles after. Anyone know if this is because I'm using 50Hz? (differing frame data?)
    Oh, and agreed w/PiZaRR-0 -- torrent Demon Darkness, just to see how savage it is!

• Advertisement

id defo try 60hz, makes a big diff to execution and things like that
    ttt was unplayable on PAL
    stick to the t5, theres a few people playin that here at a good level
    always lookin for new faces too

Aye, but I'm stuck in Louth most weeks, and don't come to Quirkey's too often.
    I'll try to use a 60Hz TV when I find one -- tried VF4 at a mate's, speed difference is big-ish, tho I can't *see* frames ;)

Oh, and to all combo-makers: don't use .wmv! (god I hate that format... cos I'm on a Mac...)

Aye, but I'm stuck in Louth most weeks, and don't come to Quirkey's too often.
    I'll try to use a 60Hz TV when I find one -- tried VF4 at a mate's, speed difference is big-ish, tho I can't *see* frames

Oh, and to all combo-makers: don't use .wmv! (god I hate that format... cos I'm on a Mac...

Sounds like you can play some. Stick to T5 theres a good group of us in dublin. as Batman was saying. VF4 doesnt have much strat. depth. compared to T5 imo. It is a good game, but T5 is the way to go.
    get some match vids up!
    tekken 2 is poor, was good in 1996, soon as t3 came out tho it became a nothing, u can press bb infintely and never be hit!
    t5 is good, its cheap, ttt owns(not that scaldy PAL garbage either)

Shut up ya mongtard or i'll own ur steve. BTW Batman steve's is best in Ireland, by far, all of us get owned regulary by him, except the odd time, he's deffo IRL No. 1. Although my baek has the mix-up of justice!!! LOLOLOL!! Just ask Bill (Chap who works in quirkies). Hyungsup u remember?? I kept robbing rounds with the Flamingo dash into d+4,4,4,3 mix ups!!! hahaha!

Rite site and match vids are on the way.

PiZaRR-0 wrote:
    TBH, Kings juggles have always been pretty ****, but some of his t5 ones are nice.
    His juggles used to be utterly pants, but with some pretty hefty air throws now which can be combo'd into, and his f+2,2,2 he has good strong moves to finish juggles with, its just keeping them in the air for more than about 3 moves he has trouble with.

Feng also has a good selection of juggles to mix with, can get 56 damage juggle off pretty every time (usually d,d/f,f+3, or ss+4), never was massively good at the old juggling lark though, as theres no1 to play around fermanagh I never needed to get good at it, and the AI blocks 99% of launchers on ultra hard after about the 3rd fight (they seem dumb as nuts to fengs ss+4 though).

Feng also has a good selection of juggles to mix with, can get 56 damage juggle off pretty every time (usually d,d/f,f+3, or ss+4), never was massively good at the old juggling lark though

Bryan has around 71 damage of d/f+3,u/f+3,d+3,2,1,ff+2. Has up to 112 including wall hit. Same with steve, the f*ckin gimp!!. Bryan juggles overall are excellent. Big damage. 56 is prety low for a juggle, some some characters its simply not possible (frame wise) to do high damage. Taek baek as an example. His average juggles do between 50-60 damage of d/f+2, and there not that easy, i miss, 3+4,into flamingo then another 3+4 too often. Although I always go for flashier juggles, its what i love about the game. Its key to playin tekken.

why thanx for the big up!
    i am deadly tho!
    altho no dreamboat :v:
    feng ss+4, df+1, f+2,1, db+1+2, d+4 owns

Quite fond of fengs ss+4, df1, df1, df1, f1+2. Really simply so its nigh on impossable to bugger up and has a fair bit of poke in it.

altho no dreamboat

Ah well, you cant have it all.

Baek - I stick with d/f+2,ffn1,ffn1,ffn1,ffn1,3+4,fla,1+2,4. Its easy, looks ok too. Its a safe carrier too if your not too sure of wall distance if you get me.

TZ has a small combo reel showcasing new moves in T5: DR! (torrent)

Awesome, Kazuya's got a new move outta b,b+2 -- looks like a low backfist follow-up (too lazy to research now).
    Gotta get my EWGF % up...

• Advertisement

wud be nice if we got DR here, tone down steve and nina enuff so every1 is in with a good winning chance, looks like a great version
    also will reset the two inbreds that play themselves to rank up their cards in quirkeys back to 1st dan

Advertisement