Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

300gb on old XBox?

• 28-12-2005 3:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭

My friend managed to get someone who works for a software company (a friend of his) to somehow activate unused space on his XBox... It was always there, just needs to be activated... How is this possible? He now has like 300gb of space to burn games, dvds and anything else.

No chip involved. Is there any way to do this yourself?

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Sounds like bs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭sterculelum

I saw it... He has 50+ games on the harddrive, with 50gb free...

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Are you sure the console isn’t moded?

Pretty sure... I think he activated some switch, and there's loads of space just lying around to be used...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

bull****

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,986 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

He probably has a soft mod.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

bull****

gotta agree

Wait.. you think I'm lying or that my friend is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

Wait.. you think I'm lying or that my friend is?

i know he is ive modded loads of xboxes and they come with 10gig hard drives not 300 so i know he is lying its been modded and had the standard hardrive replaced also the xbox file system (FatX) can not read over 250gig unless you repartition the drive into multiple partitions
    Pete

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

This is bull****, his console has been modded, Xbox consoles shipped with 10gb HDD, no switch in the world can change 10gb into 300gb.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

No one is calling you a liar but ay best you have been mislead, certainly some folk may be nervous of using the Mod word and may simpky talk of unlocking potential, but t all adds up to the same thing, someone opened the machine, installed a very large harddrive, installed a chip and even a switch to switch off so he doesn't get nailed when he goes onto XboxLive and so all his games work, I am told some titles won't run if they detect a mdchip active.

Anyway thats it, you have some people here giving you truthful advice about a console they literally know inside out, 8/10gb id the standard on an xbox, never in a million years would MS provide an easy fix so as you could circumvent the antipiracy lockouts,

Use your head man, use some logic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

CiDeRmAn wrote:
    installed a chip and even a switch to switch off so he doesn't get nailed when he goes onto XboxLive and so all his games work, I am told some titles won't run if they detect a mdchip active.

switch or no switch, he would be banned from live as the hdd eeprom wouldn't match his original hdd (live takes a snapsot of the key on the drive, and the motherboard first time you sign up to live) so even if his mod is turned off, he will be banned straight away and get the old "modified xbox error" message on his dash :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

There's a thing, I am pretty sure while the Live network can detect a non-standard hard drive, you won't get banned for it, rather the detection of the mod-chip, know a number of folks taking modded xboxs online with no ill effects.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

switch or no switch, he would be banned from live as the hdd eeprom wouldn't match his original hdd (live takes a snapsot of the key on the drive, and the motherboard first time you sign up to live) so even if his mod is turned off, he will be banned straight away and get the old "modified xbox error" message on his dash :D

Not if he hadnt used Live before. If the first time you use live is with the bigger hard drive then you wont get caught. You do have to lock it first though through the dash

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

yah, i know, ive moded multiple xboxs.

Fair enough... maybe I'm wrong..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

standard xbox hdd is a 10gb one(8gb usable).

you're mates leading you astray, you must be somewhat gullible.

Advertisement