Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post your January sales bargains here;

Options
  • 28-12-2005 1:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭

I suppose this could've gone in Bargain Alerts... there's guaranteed to be more gamers viewing this forum though.
    Metroid Prime 2: Echoes (GC) - €26.24 (according to xe.com)
    I rushed through and subsequently failed an exam so that i could get home and play this game... and i've never felt even the tiniest bit of regret at that decision:)
    Unreal Championship 2 (XBox) - €14.57
    Splinter Cell - Pandora Tomorrow (GC) - €11.65

doubt i'll be buying anything else (my new copy of Baten Kaitos for €30 should keep me going for a while:) )

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

Baten Kaitos for 30 euro eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭December Son

Prince of persia: two thrones is only 34 euro in gamestation.
    Also an oldie but a goodie, i picked up outrun 2 for 16 euro in HMV

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

eh game have unreal championship 2 on xbox at 13euro and splinter cell chaos theory at 8euro. Prince of persia two thrones is 30. plenty of decent prices this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Burnout revenge for xbox, €32.98 in gamestop - I think its a couple of euros cheaper for the PS2 version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

madrab wrote:
    Baten Kaitos for 30 euro eh?
    ebay purchase i'm afraid.
    it even comes with a seperate soundtrack cd:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

nerts to you!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Battle for Middle-Earth €24.99 in Game. Cheapest price I've seen it anywhere (including online)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

eh thats not a sale price. it has been 25 euro for the past 5 or 6 months./

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

pariah xbox in GAME 12euro dawson st and mary street,some versions are 40e for some reason in mary st, i got it in mary st,for 12euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

evad_lhorg wrote:
    eh thats not a sale price. it has been 25 euro for the past 5 or 6 months./
    Shhh, don't ruin my happiness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

umm picked up that riddick game in gamestop for 20 lids and still life in game for 15. Wasnt a huge selection of decent stuff to be found anywhere tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

€29.99 each for the new Age Of Empires, The Movies and Footie Manager 2006 in PC World.

Soul Calibur 2 for PS2 4.97 and Halo 2 4.97 for Xbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Xbox - Snk vs Capcom Chaos (live) - € 14.99 in Game [blanch]

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

God bless the coming of the next gen, I can bet that the end of this sale will be swiftly followed by a cross-title price drop in the "old" generation, probably a fiver or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory (Xbox) €7.98
    Far Cry Instincts (Xbox) €24.98
    Burnout Revenge (PS2, Xbox) €29.98
    Phantom Brave (PS2) €29.98
    Nintendogs Dachshund and Friends (DS) €24.98

All in GAME.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones (GBA) - 34.99

Dont know why it was only 35 euro but its worth full price anyday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Fire Emblem is only 7.98 on the GBA in GAME. If you can find it. I got it, only to find there was no game in the box.

Also in GAME (again, if you can find them. I was staff so I know some of the guys there so I got them).

Alias, Breakdown, XIII, World Championship Rugby, Timesplitters 2 - all 1.48

Check if they missed one and it's marked at full price.

Stuff that's ridiculously cheap like that (there's always about 10-ish titles like that every time GAME has a sale) tends to get picked up by staff a lot... or by this one guy who goes around to all the branches with a list of that stuff. He buys it to sell it all on eBay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

Civilisation 4 : €26 from www.play.com

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Stuff that's ridiculously cheap like that (there's always about 10-ish titles like that every time GAME has a sale) tends to get picked up by staff a lot... or by this one guy who goes around to all the branches with a list of that stuff. He buys it to sell it all on eBay.

Ah yes... you don't happen to know his account, do you? I always tried to see if he had a website but couldn't

God I hate that guy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Laguna

What an asshole, he deprives everyone else of the odd time the shops do a reasonable sale on games?, he might be a powerseller on eBay, find out his account so we can all give him negative feedback!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Tank Top Fever!

Picked up Monkey Ball deluxe edition for the xbox for 15 quid in game. Bargain

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

goldeneye rogue agent for ds at virgin megastores for €29
    to bad its a crap game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭columok

Every DS game €25 in Xtravision. Picked up a copy of Advance Wars DS and my gf picked up Kirby.

Also got Mercenaries for the Xbox €19 in HMV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

This isn't exactly a January sales bargain, seeing as it's been this price for fecking ages...
    Ikaruga - GC - €26.90 including delivery.

i bought one back in June and decided to sell it on ebay earlier today out of boredom.
    chances are my used copy will sell for more on ebay than they're charging at simplygames:)

(and thanks to Kirby for pointing that out in the first place)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

flogen wrote:
    Ah yes... you don't happen to know his account, do you? I always tried to see if he had a website but couldn't

God I hate that guy.

ah the coogster he is such an ass.

Kirby's buys today:
    Otogi 2 (Xbox) and Gradius V (PS2), €14.98 each :)

Advertisement