Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Deleting OS

• 28-12-2005 1:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭

Have a m8s PC was trying to format the computer and start a new all I did was somehow create a Multboot so I still have Win2k and Xp. So I was going to delete the partition but it said that I cant because the setup files are on it. So what do I do now when I want XP?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

format...

load the xp disc,
    delete all the partitions on the disc containing an os and then install.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

How do I format with out going into Setup on the disk like in this http://www.windowsreinstall.com/winxppro/installxpwindowsinstall/indexfullpage.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

boot the PC with CD in the drive. (you might need to enter bios to set it to boot from CD first and not HD).

Setup should then run. It might ask you if you want to reinstall or install a fresh copy of windows. Choose the latter as it will allow you to delete all partitions and format. You should then have only XP on PC.

I can get into BIOS when I load up the computer all it comes up is what OS do I want to set up with.

run that by me again????

• Advertisement

I am trying to get into BIOS so that I can change the boot from HD to CD but when I load up the computer I get a black screen coming up asking me which OS do I want to load(This is becasue I have a multboot Win2k & WinXp on the computer).

oh u need to press a key to enter teh bios. It can vary from PC to PC but its normally F2 or the Delete key. Watch the screen as it boots and it will say something like "Press 'x' to enter setup". Then just press what ever x is.

Yeah I was looking for that but says noting. The computer which I am trying to do this on is a Dell and my computer is also a Dell, Looked in my Dell manual it say its F12 but I tried it and noting happened.

f12 brings up a boot menu. F2 should bring up the BIOS config. What type of dell is it?

The computer I am trying to do this on is an Dell Dimension 2100

• Advertisement

then press the delete key when the dell logo first appears.

Thats delete, not backspace key

You are a genius!

Thanks might be back with more problems :D

no prob. ur welcome.

Back again to change it to boot from CD is it: Boot -> 1st Boot Device and selcet ATAPI CDROM

yep and set second to Hard Drive

Advertisement